Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 67 Camaro SS-update pics on page 3

slammedi'am

Still have some small stuff to do,some touch up and detailing to do but Iam very happy on how it turned out after the rough start....Deff was a fun kit to build...Glad I got another one to build in the future..

Here is the link the WIP http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93673&hl=

Now on to the pics

IMG_20141012_210759779_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141012_210846812_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141012_210908328_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141012_211002882_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141012_211024288_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141012_211051979_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141012_211114127_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141012_211146755_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141012_211210273_HDR.jpg

Edited by slammedi'am

Thanks for the rear end shot in particular. That rear end doesn't look as bad as some have thought it might. In fact, if someone else hadn't brought it up, I'd have never noticed anything wrong with it. I'm sure not seeing it in your pictures. B)

Thanks everyone

Snake,I havent read anything on it but what was the complaints? Only thing I seen was the rear sway bar is hanging in mid air...I decided to use some slapper bars on mine instead since the sway bar didnt look right to me

Edited by slammedi'am

Thanks everyone

Snake,I havent read anything on it but what was the complaints? Only thing I seen was the rear sway bar is hanging in mid air...I decided to use some slapper bars on mine instead since the sway bar didnt look right to me

The complaint was that the rear panel slants back too sharply, and the taillights are too big. Compared to the Revell '68 Firebird, that's true. But it's not apparent in the pics of yours, and as I said if someone hadn't mentioned it elsewhere, I sure wouldn't have noticed it on your build, which is overall quite nice BTW if I didn't mention it before.

The complaint was that the rear panel slants back too sharply, and the taillights are too big. Compared to the Revell '68 Firebird, that's true. But it's not apparent in the pics of yours, and as I said if someone hadn't mentioned it elsewhere, I sure wouldn't have noticed it on your build, which is overall quite nice BTW if I didn't mention it before.

Thanks man and gotcha on what you are saying... I do however wanna do some wash on the bezels for the tail lights...The way it is now and in person,lacks some detail in my opinion

in my experience with that generation of camaros and birds, the complaint is correct. the tail light panel should be perpendicular to the ground if the car is sitting level with no rake.

not really a deal breaker if you don't care about such things. ;)

Thanks everyone....As long as it usually pretty close to what its suppose to be,I will build it...Try to correct small stuff usually..

As for the bumper,through all the pics I looked at before building,I liked alot with out the bumper and most of the pro touring cars Ive seen doesnt run one either...

Thanks again everyone for the comments