Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth W900

Its good kit to start off with as far big trucks go. Dont expect a ton of detail. It does build up nice. If your comfortable in modeling and scratch building, this kit does dress up nice. Im gonna be startin 1 here soon. Mine for sure will not be box length wheelbase or ride height or kit rolling stock. You made a good choice, a few members have said to treat each step of the instructions like an individual kit, get each step right, itll fall into place. Take your time on the rims and tires if you stick with the kit stuff, the "bead" can be a bit tricky.

Good luck with it. It is a great kit with oodles of potential. The biggest "trick" I think is the tires and wheels. It is a poor design and very difficult to get them to look/set right. But if you fiddle with them long enough, they can come out good.

Keep us posted!

Yep....As long as you like it, it ain't gonna matter what we think.....One thing for sure, the last thing we would do is try to tear you down either way.....I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.....Don't try to reach the sky on your first attempt, either.....I, like others, like to build at least one box stock to see what problems I might face and take that experience to the next build.....But if you are comfortable with trying something, then by all means go for it......

Can't Wait....

Meep Meep.....Kevin, You picked a pretty good kit to start out with, Like the brothers have already said, keep it simple, for the first one out and you'll be better able to see where you can easily make modifications on the next kit (I'm with JT...I like to do the first one box-stock as well) We're looking forward to seeing what you come up with and welcome to the interstate!