Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 1 month later...

I have been dragging my feet on this one . The final assembly is something I look so forward to but dread doing it. I wanted to add sound insulation under the cab. I cut aluminum foil in scale 24"x 24" squares then trimmed them to fit under the doghouse.

P3043936.jpg

I also need to spray the bottom of the cab and around the insides a bit.

Once that is done next will be the lights, mirrors, grab handles ect.

My retainer strips are not as straight as I would like - but I can live with them (maybe) <_<

I grew up in a 4070. Only seen 1 stretched cab.

Looks great

Greasy side down

Rich

That sounds like a good way to grow up.

I remember seeing a few doublebunks when I was a teenager (late 1970 & eraly 1980's) I thought they were the coolest.

Thanks Gordan - It was one of those ideas that so far has worked out ;)

Dennis - It was a challenge gluing in that foil :rolleyes:

I was not at all impressed with the kit manifolds and pipes. Reminded me more of a boat exhaust. I robbed a couple Cali . Hauler manifolds and then got to fab up the pipes. This is the second set - the first time I did not place the fuel tanks - ooops.

Here is all my fancy pipework before it gets hidden by the cab. :lol:

P3053939.jpg

P3053941.jpg

Thanks for looking in :)

Looks great cab looks great too I may do one myself. Its a shame about the paint run on the tank in the last pic ;)

That is an annoying bugger, I need to find a fuel cap to hide that ! :lol:

Dennis - Thank you . I need to get this finished so my level of stress will drop . :P

Sean,

You are doing a fine job on this one. No need to be stressing out................................................ it is only a hobby! Relax and enjoy the creativity and what you are achieving.

be Well

Gator

• 2 weeks later...

Sean this is getting close and just keeps getting better. I know what your going through I had one of my turn single vanish from my work area while I was sitting there never to be found. My work bench got a good clean up from it lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Sean,

Real nice work thus far! I really like your exhaust piping, good job on that. That black paint job looks good as well.

Have you thought about which trailer you will put behind it? I think a drop deck would look good! ???

be Well

Gator