Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Ford gasser finished

rv1963

Awesome gasser, love the details!

Do you have any pics of the front suspension? I'm building a gasser out of this kit too, (though not anywhere near this good) and I'm not sure how I'm going to modify the chassis to suit the leaf spring suspension!

I can take a pic for you if you want, but I scrounged the leaf springs from my parts box bent them with the heat from my soldering iron and made the drop front axle from scratch out of steel wire brass and plastic.

I think your best bet may be to find a drop front axle from another kit if you have one, save a lot of time. Below is a pic of the drop front axle, hope that helps.

Ford130.jpg

Edited by rv1963

Victoria68.jpg

Victoria67.jpg

Victoria66.jpg

Here you go, 3 pics, to rear of the leaf springs I used a piece of styrene channel to locate the rear of the spring and I removed the anti sway bar, no other mods to the rails.

I used none of the kit parts for the suspension it was either parts box parts or scratch built, in the pic it looks like the drop axle is hitting the oil pan but there is clearance. Hope this helps.

Edited by rv1963