Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ridge Rider

In replying to another post I was reminded of this story and thought would share and hopefully here other story's. They don't need to be model related like mine but this could be interesting. So a few months ago I responded to a craigslist ad for built models. The ad said 30 built models for $45. Yes I called, yes I went over, and yes I paid him full asking price. They were typical 30yr old models, dirty, parts loose and or missing. One though was a 1/8 32 Ford, unpainted with loose parts, but was obviously missing a running board. Still nice. Now the karma. I responded to a part wanted on this forum the next day. I sent the part the day after asking for no reimbursement but just a pay it forward type thing. The next day the man from Craigslist posted a message on Craigslist saying he found the running board, box, instructions, unused parts, and trees. It felt like good karma when it it was happening. Anyone else have a good story to share?

It does seem to happen with me from time to time too. In the past year, I've had about a dozen kits given to me, including some fairly expensive ones, like this Tamiya F4U-1A Corsair, as well as a few others. All of these gifts seemed to follow on the heels of some altruistic generosity or another on my part, given that I had no expectation of return from my act(s).

cars001_zpsdbb82572.jpg