42 replies to this topic

#1 Frank

Frank

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

With pending re-release of the Aoshima Road Warrior interceptor, is any one going to do castings of the conversion parts to back date it to the 1st Mad Max version??

#2 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

With pending re-release of the Aoshima Road Warrior interceptor, is any one going to do castings of the conversion parts to back date it to the 1st Mad Max version??

those pop up on ebay from time to time

#3 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

AFX-n-Scale Resin did an awesome set that had everything needed to make it like when the Interceptor first rolled out of the garage. The pieces are flawless!!!!! They look like white styrene! Fit like a glove as well.

#4 Yahshu

Yahshu

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Full Name:Phil de la Cour

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

Try this bloke, I got one of him a couple of weeks ago, it's AFX Resin
http://myworld.ebay....984.m1439.l2754

#5 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

Try this bloke, I got one of him a couple of weeks ago, it's AFX Resin
http://myworld.ebay....984.m1439.l2754

same guy i bought mine from top notch product too

#6 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Whoa afx's just right down the road from me in Nashville. On the other hand I found this guy at the ACME show that is making a conversion kit that even includes the revell parts pack engine for the car,going to be around 20 bucks but has way more than this kit.In about a few weeks he's suppost to have them into production. It's called "Panhandle Resin". PM me for his e-mail,I don't want to post it out in the open.

Edited by Austin T, 21 November 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#7 Yahshu

Yahshu

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

Does "Panhandle Resin" have a complete back set? Isn't the parts part engine a 427? MM's car was a 351 clevo with HEMI sound dubed in.

Edited by Yahshu, 22 November 2012 - 06:02 AM.

#8 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Not entirely sure what he's going to do about the engine,from what I saw of what was done so far he just had to finish the front spolier/body kit before he started the engine area.

#9 Yahshu

Yahshu

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

That was meant to be complete back seat not set, silly me.

#10 kruleworld

kruleworld

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Full Name:Walter Strider

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

since AFX resin is no more, i'm hoping someone will step up and produce a few sets...

#11 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

the ebay seller posted only puts them up when you ask

#12 samurai7

samurai7

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Full Name:Renato Lescano

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

I e-mailed the ebay seller...he says that he gets them on consignment...???..only puts them up when the producer makes them..This is frustrating...I wish Aoshima just gave the option to build either MM1 or MM2 versions...I would gladly pay more...and even buy 3 kits so i can have all versions of the Interceptor...and not have to wait for some guy to get off his ass and make them..."Hey SUPPLIER.....this is DEMAND calling"

#13 Frank

Frank

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

I e-mailed the ebay seller...he says that he gets them on consignment...???..only puts them up when the producer makes them..This is frustrating...I wish Aoshima just gave the option to build either MM1 or MM2 versions...I would gladly pay more...and even buy 3 kits so i can have all versions of the Interceptor...and not have to wait for some guy to get off his ass and make them..."Hey SUPPLIER.....this is DEMAND calling"

Thanks Renato, I have managed to pick up a set here in Australia.

I agree it would be easier if Aoshima gave us the choose, but I think it has some thing to do with licensing

from the chap who owns the 1:1 MM1

#14 samurai7

samurai7

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Im not sure I understand.....the Aoshima kit is labelled as the Interceptor, Mad Max2, the MPF logos(decals) and on their website has the trademark disclosure.

#15 samurai7

samurai7

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Thanks Renato, I have managed to pick up a set here in Australia.

I agree it would be easier if Aoshima gave us the choose, but I think it has some thing to do with licensing

from the chap who owns the 1:1 MM1

Can I buy that one off you? haha

#16 fumi

fumi

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Full Name:Silvester Man

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Im not sure I understand.....the Aoshima kit is labelled as the Interceptor, Mad Max2, the MPF logos(decals) and on their website has the trademark disclosure.

Aoshima has repeatedly said on their Facebook page that they have always wanted to do the MM1, have contacted the license owner (apparently the owner of the 1:1 car), but are unable to secure a license.

#17 Yahshu

Yahshu

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Can I buy that one off you? haha

No you can't because it belongs to me & it's on loan & no I'm not selling, haha. Someone needs to take the bull by the horns & just cast a set & start selling. If the company that made them is no longer in business , what's the problem. Companies go out of business all the time & other companies will fill the need, it's called supply & demand & it's smart business practice.

#18 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

No you can't because it belongs to me & it's on loan & no I'm not selling, haha. Someone needs to take the bull by the horns & just cast a set & start selling. If the company that made them is no longer in business , what's the problem. Companies go out of business all the time & other companies will fill the need, it's called supply & demand & it's smart business practice.

i have the AFX kit believe me its crossed my mind before but my integrity wont allow me to do so, i live by a code as a caster and im sure other casters do as well.

#19 samurai7

samurai7

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Aoshima has repeatedly said on their Facebook page that they have always wanted to do the MM1, have contacted the license owner (apparently the owner of the 1:1 car), but are unable to secure a license.

If I owned the MM1...I would sooooo let Aoshima do it.....Its not everyday that a car you own becomes ...immortalized!..I would have them come over and allow them to 3d scan every nut and bolt,every ding and dent! I would want MY car to be modelled as accurately as possible.

#20 samurai7

samurai7

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

i have the AFX kit believe me its crossed my mind before but my integrity wont allow me to do so, i live by a code as a caster and im sure other casters do as well.

Can you make YOUR own masters using the A/fx as a guide for accuracy and cast those....and make millions of dollars and satisfy millions of model car fans?