Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL North photos!

RodBurNeR

This weekend was an adventure, sorry if this is long.

My Great Uncle Roger and I left Omaha about 7am to Bloomington, MN. The WHOLE way there it was pouring! Just nuts I tell ya! I didn't dress for the rain, my flip flops and shorts with a t-shirt....man I was freezing my buttocks off LOL!

We stopped in Burnsville to see a buddy of his and then we went to Applebee's for dinner and even though Roger has not been there in over a year, several people eating there knew him and the bar tender knew him and what he wanted to drink! Had a good time there, listening to all the badgering and dirty jokes hehe! After that we went to Lakesville or Lakeville one of the two..and got a room at Motel6 where Steve Kohler, Steve Burwell and Dave Neighbors were staying too. (we never got together until the show).

That night I think I laid down about 4:30pm or so...I woke up at 8PM..looked outside and said "dang we are late!" ....jumped in the shower and got dressed, packed my stuff up and Roger did the same..(why did he get ready like me?...no idea!) Turns out it was me thinking that it was 8AM the next morning and I REALLY only slept for 3 1/2 hours or so! So the joke was on me! I was thinking it was Sunday morning :-X

After I figured that out , we went to get some dinner and went back to the motel and I guess we went to bed about 11pm.

Got to the show this morning and from that point on.....I met people for the first time and saw friends again.....it was nonstop all day and THAT'S what I like! ;D This is a good show and if you can make it, do it! I don't want to start a list of who I saw there, but let's say MANY!

There was a few models there from TRaK...I don't know what the owners look like and I don't think we met? mercman? I wish we could have met and got some group photos...maybe next time guys!

I got surprised with this....made my day which was already GREAT! Thanks to all who ran the show, it was a great time!!

100_2225-vi.jpg

I thought this was neat! There is another model with several photos...let me tell you, everyone was all over it, very nice!

LINK

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc...annual-nnl-nor/

100_2073-vi.jpg

Edited by awbcrazy

Bob,congrats on the top ten! Thanks for all the photo's too.

I got out of work at 2 but it would have been 3:30 when I would have arrived. So I think next year I'll take the three days off so I can hang out.

Looks like it was a good time.

Chris

thanks guys!

Andy, I will be back! Everyone is real friendly and that's what makes a show so much fun! I also got some real nice buys and I heard others commenting on the fair pricing too!

The magazine and two 53 Woody's I bought from you really was a good buy and I have plans to work on one of them very soon!