Model Cars Magazine Forum

LANCER CO. SLOT CAR MASTER PATTERN

E St. Kruiser50

LONG LONG AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY....... :D

Thought I'd share this with some of you history and trivia buffs, and maybe a slot car guy or two.

Steve Milberry is sorta responsible for me sharing this thread, as he is building an Olsonite Eagle on a post of his own, and that brought back some of my fondest days working at Lancer co., as one of the principal master pattern makers there for 13 years, and getting to master many of these wonderful indy, and GP style cars. The "Eagle" being my all time favorite.

I am fortunate to have one remaining master from those days and decided that I would share it here.

It is cast out of aluminum filled epoxy resin, from a silicone rubber mold.

I mastered this in 1966 :o

Hey Steve - As Bob Hope used to sing - Thanks for the memories........ ;)

I hope you enjoy - Dave

2008_0913Photobucket10001.jpg

2008_0913Photobucket10004.jpg

2008_0913Photobucket10006.jpg

Edited by Treehugger Dave

Dave I think that is pretty cool.I would be curious to know the process involved with making these.did you get up close and personal with the real car or was it done using pictures and measurements?personally I really like the history lessons!

That is just too cool!!

I would have included a few expletives in my response to enhance just how cool I really think it is, but Gregg has put out the "word" on using such language on the forum.

How about: within the confines of this forum, there are no adequate expletives to describe just how cool it is to see this kind of craftsmanship and workmanship displayed in a public place..." :P

Thanks for sharing,

That is just too cool!!

I would have included a few expletives in my response to enhance just how cool I really think it is, but Gregg has put out the "word" on using such language on the forum.

How about: within the confines of this forum, there are no adequate expletives to describe just how cool it is to see this kind of craftsmanship and workmanship displayed in a public place..." :D

Thanks for sharing,

Thanks all. It was fun sharing a little history trivia - Dave :(

Edited by Treehugger Dave

I did a whole lot of slot car racing in the Bay Area during the time you worked at Lancer, and used their bodies for a lot of the USRA stuff.....imagine running into you on this forum all these years later. I bet that master could bring a small fortune. What designs were you responsible for? Oh, and great work, too!