Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 440 Cuda Coming Together.

FordRodnKustom

I finished the mill, polished the body, blacked out the appropriate panels and this weekend I worked on the chassis . Just need to find some good rear shocks to simulate Gabriel Hyjackers and I'll be ready to put all this together and move on to my least favorite part of a build....the interior :)

cudamill003-vi.jpg

polish2001-vi.jpg

blkout-vi.jpg

cudaupdate10feb08007-vi.jpg

Edited by Ron S.

I just wanted to know how you guys detail the attached exhaust so easily?

Hey Clay, it's not that easy, at least not for me!! This job took about a solid 90 minutes of focused attention to finish. I used testor's metallizers brushed out of the jar with various sized brushes, reading glasses, a support for old my shakey hand and lot's of patience :blink:

Hey Clay, it's not that easy, at least not for me!! This job took about a solid 90 minutes of focused attention to finish. I used testor's metallizers brushed out of the jar with various sized brushes, reading glasses, a support for old my shakey hand and lot's of patience :blink:

Well you did good work with your shakey hand.

quick question, where did you get the wheels?

Thanks for your interest Dave. I cobbled these rims together using the mags in the first issue ReveloGram 37 Ford sedan kit. I hogged out the centers, then trimmed and fit some center steelie sections from parts box rims. The caps are from the last issue '70 Road runner kit.

• 2 weeks later...
Ron. I like the wheels, they look great with the valve stems and the wheel weights...Nice touch! BTW the stance has that 70's aggressive look. Nice work. Keep us posted as you progress.

Great modelling. Still, if there is one thing I hate, it's steelies with dog dishes. No offense, just my taste.

• 2 weeks later...