Model Cars Magazine Forum

Door No Longer Fits Snugly After I Cut It Out

I used a #11 x-acto blade to remove the doors off a Revell '32 Ford Sedan. I bent the most fragile part of the door, which is where I had to separate the door from the roof. Now it's a thin little line that sags, and it will no longer fit snugly and seamlessly into the body. Can you recommend a method of straightening this piece out? Thanks in advance!

Hmmm.............without seeing the door, (could you post a pic?) it seems like you could just replace that piece with some strip plastic. Maybe just glue that piece on to begin with and then shape the piece symmetrical as the other door.

I wouldn't try to bend or straighten that thin piece out------plastic has too much of a memory for that. It will only go back to what it was when it was bent. I hope you didn't cut both doors out at the same time.....this can lend to a weak body and cause problems later.

I would only cut one door out, build up the door jambs on the body, and then cut the other door out following the same process. This will minimize breakage at the rockers if you can do it this way.

Hope this helps!