Model Cars Magazine Forum

Limited Edition Vintage Stock Car Collector Cards

LUKE'57

I took a long hard look at reality and made a monumental decision. Since the intitial cost of printing would be more than could probably recouped in sales and the copyright problems alone would be insurmountable I decided to cut through all the bull and just post this for free.

That way I get to do it, the old drivers get the recognision and the new fans get to see some real stock cars. Feel free to save and print these and I hope there will be other years coming.

Let me know how you like the format. Got it saved as a template so that all the cards will be uniform. Hope ya'll like'em.

series633resize.jpg

series635resize.jpg

series637resize.jpg

series634resize.jpg

series636rresize.jpg

series632resize.jpg

series631resize.jpg

series638resize.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everybody, and Mark, that means a lot to me because these guys are my heroes from my formative years on up and they are very special to me. Being able to help keep their memory alive with my models helps me feel close to them and the models have actually given me opportunities to get to meet and become friends with a lot of them over the years. They were a very special group of people that the likes of will never be seen again. They have a lot in common with the fighter pilot and test pilots types like Chuck Yeager.

Those were the days when stock cars were exactly that, stock cars built up and raced by men.

Those were the GREAT days of racing.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post these.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Johnny

Thank you Jerry for helping keep the best years of NASCAR RACING alive!

These are from when Stock Cars were real cars! When cars that won on Sundat sold on Monday!

I really enjoy seeing you pictures and work you display!

I have to agree with Mark and Don whole heartedly! While I was not fortuna enough to get to see the races in person ack then I watched every telecast and clips I could as well as read everything I could back then about the cars and drivers! Now you remind me of that and have sparked my interest in building cars from that era!

THANK YOU!!!cool.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

R.I.P Mr Sims,

Happy trails to you sir,

Your posts were a pleasure to savour.

I loved your photography, you certainly had a knack of making a model look desireable!!

This board, and many others wont be the same without you.

God bless you,and your brother, and all your relatives.

I'll see you soon, mate.

James McGowen

I will also miss Jerry's talent; I always looked forward to his new cards or calendar pages.

Many years ago, I read that heaven is the place where one's fondest dreams and thoughts are realized. If that is indeed true, and one's soul can transcend time and space, then I know Jerry will be track-side somewhere, watching Fireball Roberts, Joe Weatherly, etc., racing.

I have a Starter 1/43 Buck Baker '59 Chevy that's been sitting around for years. I will build it this coming year, and dedicate the build to Jerry.

Godspeed, Jerry; we will miss you.

• 1 month later...

they look really cool.

As for copyrights and everything it's such a gray area. Many of the decal manufactures that make old school decals don't have any licensing and technically are breaking the law but no one really cares because it is so small time.

The images are of model cars you built so again technically you only reproduced the car and as long as you say it's a model kit and don't try to sell them as a real photo of the car you are legally free to do with them as you please. You might get some flak but legally you would be fine.

they look really cool.

As for copyrights and everything it's such a gray area. Many of the decal manufactures that make old school decals don't have any licensing and technically are breaking the law but no one really cares because it is so small time.

The images are of model cars you built so again technically you only reproduced the car and as long as you say it's a model kit and don't try to sell them as a real photo of the car you are legally free to do with them as you please. You might get some flak but legally you would be fine.

If you read the posts, above, you will see that he passed away a couple months ago. He built some really neat models and did fantastic photography.

If you read the posts, above, you will see that he passed away a couple months ago. He built some really neat models and did fantastic photography.

Oh, admittedly I didn't read all the postings. Sorry to hear that his models and photography looked incredible. My girlfriend even thought several of them were real life cars.

• 4 months later...