Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005 Chevy Impala LS "K"ustom

Tumbler75

OK, You can blame MidKnight05/Rick for the creation of this car! HE DARED ME! I built it a bit ago (a couple of years) and seemed to have missed putting it here. The name in the title I couldn't help myself! :D It's a DieCast Ex NYPD Squad Car turned Modern Day "K"ustom (sorry! :D ) I painted the flame colours masked and sprayed with Anodized Blue over MetalSpeck Silver to give it a 50's/60's "K"ustom look then polished to perfection after 6 coats of clear. Tires are from another DieCast (Copperhead) and I lowered the front down 1.5 scale inches for a nice rake. Enjoy! :lol:

DSCF1405.jpg

DSCF1406.jpg

DSCF1410.jpg

DSCF1408.jpg

DSCF1411.jpg

DSCF1413.jpg

All Pics Here: http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/Completed%20Model%20Cars/2005%20Chevy%20Impala%20LS/

Maybe one day I'll go back and pinstripe the flames for more character.

Edited by Tumbler75

Russ this might help make sense of how it was done.

Getting started:

DSCF1377.jpg

DSCF1378.jpg

There was three colours laid down (two are so close it's scarey). Silver to Lt. Blue to Metalspeck Copper Orange (Gloss Black Base to darken it). After it was sprayed it was sealed with 2 coats of clear to settle the metalflake.

The Mask I printed out and then traced to tape:

DSCF1379.jpg

DSCF1380.jpg

Once applied the Metalspeck Silver base was sprayed, dried in a dehydrator for 72 hrs then Anodized Blue Sprayed Over it and Dehydrated for another 72 hours and then mask removed gently. 6 layers of clear to seal everything in. Smooth as glass and no polishing was needed.

DSCF1383.jpg

DSCF1400.jpg

Enjoy! :(