Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Ford Torino

Clay

Brought this one back out after a while, still looks pretty good after sitting out of the box for months.

I originally used this to try out Plasticote paint from Wal-mart and after looking over all it needs is a good rubbing. All I have gotten done is the chassis painted and a few suspension components painted. Anyway on to the pictures!!!

Picture024.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture025.jpg

1970FordTorino003.jpg

1970FordTorino002.jpg

1970FordTorino001.jpg

Hopefullly I will get some tim to work on this some this week before Ani goes to the hospital next week. And for those of you who don't know Amelia Saralyn Jones will be here no later than July 16th. Then a bit of a vacation from the model building, but a good side to taking a break is I may get the garage cleaned out and straightened up.

:lol: Clay, Daddy-O, I gotta coupla questions, 1st, what color is that? It looks to me like a kinda shiney Red Oxide primer. I like it, 2nd,Where did you get that neet lookin paintstand? I can see how it works from the pics, an it looks like a great idea!,Sure beats the hell out my bent up coathanger!And Last, You WILL let us know when Amelia gets here wontcha?She'll probly have more "uncles" than any other kid around!Carry on Marine, Your doing an OUTSTANDING job! :D:D;)

:lol: Clay, Daddy-O, I gotta coupla questions, 1st, what color is that? It looks to me like a kinda shiney Red Oxide primer. I like it, 2nd,Where did you get that neet lookin paintstand? I can see how it works from the pics, an it looks like a great idea!,Sure beats the hell out my bent up coathanger!And Last, You WILL let us know when Amelia gets here wontcha?She'll probly have more "uncles" than any other kid around!Carry on Marine, Your doing an OUTSTANDING job! :D:D;)

Ok 1st answer, it is ColorPlace spray paints available at Wal-Mart ($0.99) Fire Red.

2nd, I got that paint stand after I heard Bill and many others give it som many compliments, I found it the cheapest here,

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tam/tam74522.htm

And you knw a Marine always looks for it the cheapest he can find.

And to answer your 3rd question , yes I will let everyon know when Amelia gets here.

I got about a 3in by 1 in piece. I dont remember if you sent some in your last care package or not though.

It sounds like it's about time for another care package!! :lol:

Hopefully, my friend George will have those truck/trailer sets for sale at the Stockton model show & swap meet next weekend.