Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'm challenging myself to....

ismaelg

OK, I know this is off topic but here we go anyways. Car model stuff has been put away.

I want to make this ######:

DSCF3737b.jpg

DSCF3741b.jpg

Look closer to this:

1755.jpg

in 1/72 scale!!!

I'm looking in a mirror and saying "Good luck!"

So I'll be away from cars for a while.....

Thanks,

Ahhhhhhhh! That's another passion of mine..............Bell 47 Helicopters----especially the vintage ones from the '50's, like the ones they used in M.A.S.H.

I have an old R/C Bell 47 Helicopter that I got off the 'Bay a few years ago. Here's a pic of it hanging from the ceiling in the model room........

PA280743-vi.jpg

The motor runs but it has no servos at the moment. I've been too chicken to install them and try to fly it! :shock: :D

I've done quite a bit of work in 1/72 scale in my air plave modeling. I've found that a lot can be done with egraving, and painting, and that if the material used for the linkages are the right scale, that the look of th finished piece will look accurate. I would concentrate mostly on geting the angles right and woring with wire of the coorect diameter, than trying to get all the super tiney details in there. A lot also can be done by using different shades of metalizer to give the impression of separate pieces.