Model Cars Magazine Forum

sacramento california events next couple weeks!

jbwelda

doesnt seem to be a lot of california presence here but i just wanted to let any interested parties know there are a number of events coming up in the next few weeks. unfortunately i have only shaky details on at least one.

so this weekend, oct 3 - 5, friday through saturday, at cal expo in sacramento, there is a model show in conjunction with the street rod nationals. awards will be given, on sunday around 3 pm or so. i believe if you come in with a model and report to the contest area, you will be given a ticket to come back in on sunday to pick up your model (and hopefully your award!) and of course youre free to view the entire show again if you like.

next weekend, on saturday oct 11, at the towe museum in sacramento, the sacramento vintage auto modelers (whom i am afraid ive never met) are holding an NNL style show along with swap meet. the towe museum is located at 2200 front street, sacramento, and can be reached at 916 442-6802. admission is 7$ for adults with various discounts available and that includes admission to the museum which is something to see as well.

then the following day, sunday oct 12, there is another NNL style show in stockton somewhere but i am not sure where...the fairgrounds seems like a likely bet. it might even be at someones home? if anyone knows, please post it, otherwise i might be able to find out more but unfortunately i have to miss both these events that weekend due to prior commitments.

finally, couple of weekends ago was billetproof in antioch and the model show/contest put on by bashrs was well attended and the event itself continues to be the coolest event this side of survival research laboratory street demolition exhibitions, so mark it on your calendars for next year. though...in all fairness, some billet ###### IS sneaking in!

one love

jah bill

then the following day, sunday oct 12, there is another NNL style show in stockton somewhere but i am not sure where...the fairgrounds seems like a likely bet. it might even be at someones home? if anyone knows, please post it, otherwise i might be able to find out more but unfortunately i have to miss both these events that weekend due to prior commitments.

Stockton Car Show and Swap Meet at San Joaquin County Fairgrounds 6am-3pm

Entry is $5, Parking free

Model show being run by Bob Carroll