Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi Guys,

Since I am a relative newcomer here, I thought that I would start sharing some of my work. This is a Hummer H1 for my fictitious Bear Fire Department. I live in Bear, but the company that provides fire protection to our area has a different name. I used a technique that I learned from master modeler Tom Sheehy. Each company in his fictitious town had their own specialty - one was a rescue company, others had mixtures of apparatus that provided special services. Each company had their own color scheme, but simliar graphics. This particular project started out as the Jurassic Park Hummer "Snagger" kit.

It basically looked like this, though without the white scratchbuilt additions(That is a subject for another time...). DiveRescue.jpg

Everything that you see in white is scratchbuilt with Evergreen styrene.

compt2.jpg

Paintedtools.jpg

Now you must know that this truck belongs to the Lums Pond Station Fire Co. of the Bear Fire Department. Lums Pond is a real State Park less than a mile down the road. The Lums Pond gang likes their trucks flashy with a "little bling". You will notice this theme on all of their apparatus... I will include a couple of in progress photos so you can better see some of the components.

Hosereel416.jpg

This is a scratchbuilt hose reels utilizing the ends from the old Aurora pumper along with bits of plastic, some electrical wire and a cast metal nozzle from Don Mills Models.

Chainsaw2.jpg

This is a chainsaw and scratchbuilt holder. The chainsaw is also from Don Mills. Below is the finished project!

416-01-1.jpg

416-09.jpg

416-04.jpg

416-03.jpg

416-06.jpg

Please feel free to ask any questions. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Edited by hooknladderno1