Model Cars Magazine Forum

thanks George

getrdun

That has pre-'86 heads, in 1986 Chevy started using the center bolt cylinder heads.

Ya well there is a lot of things different in this kit that are for different years,like the front suspension i have to change as the real one is strut and the kit are a arms,so no offence but hey,one has to expect some differences correct.

Ya well there is a lot of things different in this kit that are for different years,like the front suspension i have to change as the real one is strut and the kit are a arms,so no offence but hey,one has to expect some differences correct.

i think what he meant to say is : good job on building an egine that is so detailed the trained eye can spot the subtle differences that show the year of it.

good job B)

Jeff I'm REALLY happy your getting to build it.It sat in my hobby room so long that I was afraid the dust on the boxtop would cave it in! Ya know I never looked at it, but your right the Camaro's of that style WERE Mac Pherson struts! I changed the struts on my 82 Z and they weren't too hard to do. Looks like it might be kinda tricky to do on the kit though. Hope your enjoying it, as THATS what it was meant to do. Not sit in a closet in my basement! :):D

• 2 weeks later...