Model Cars Magazine Forum

What happened to me the other day

Well it happened on Thursday morning. I drive a small delivery truck for Shermans the parts replacement company that you see advertise in most of the popular magazines. I was at my first stop in Toledo Ohio and as I was unloading my truck, I missed the back of the truck and fell and hit my head on a box containing a part. Me being Johnny hard guy I said I am ok and finished unloading. I then leave but am feeling very woozy but I have to go to my next stop. My phone rings and my boss who found out this happened from the people at my last stop says what are you doing? I say driving. He says why don't you pull over and I say I am in the left lane. So I tell him that I will pull over at my next stop which is three miles away. So I do I drive 15 miles total from my first stop feeling sick and dizzy and ready to pass out. My boss and another guy drive two hours to get me and take me to the Doctor. I found out that I have a concussion. The funny thing was on Friday I went to see the Doctor for my next day evaluation and he cleared me to drive. He says slight concussion. It was a strange few days for me and I just wanted to share them with you all

Charlie

you have earned a lifetime "i'm a guy" card; many of us have them due to our insistence that we didn't get hurt as bad as it looked (yeah right!) and we plugged along anyway. glad you came out of it sorta okay; you could have suffered a subdural hematoma and crashed your truck. not gonna say more than that...

I did something similar when I was 13. I was riding a very old Yamaha 250 and crashed really hard. I went home and for the next three days was pretty much out of it. I dislocated my shoulder and had a third degree concussion. My parents were pissed!!!! lol Glad you were cleared.

you have earned a lifetime "i'm a guy" card; many of us have them due to our insistence that we didn't get hurt as bad as it looked (yeah right!) and we plugged along anyway. glad you came out of it sorta okay; you could have suffered a subdural hematoma and crashed your truck. not gonna say more than that...

Slipped on ice doing a delivery a few years ago..... Right wrist hurt pretty bad.

Drove back to my office and told them i'm going to drive to my doctor. Doctor says go to ER at the hospital. Hospital says "Broken wrist" and puts it in a cast.

Between the fall and the ER with stops at the office and the doc I drove about 25 miles.

Remember when I said 'Right wrist' ?

Yep, stick shift in the Nissan ....

Ouch.