Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 cougar

PistonDog

For those of you that have seen this during construction, here is the finished product. This kit had multiple coats of black paint over a bubbly yellow coat of paint. Body was stripped with easy off cleaner and painted plum crazy purple. Engine is wired and interior flocked (by my 8 year old daughter). She went crazy with it , but I think the interior looks good. This kit fought me every step of the way. I mean literally every step of the way ( I guess that's how you become a better modeler). The crushed pillars would not straighten. However, it turned out to be a nice shelf model that I built with my daughter, She is proud as I am of her. She is getting more and more interested in this hobby and I am trying to keep it fun for her (budding modeler). My next kit is going to be a nice quick box stock build.

100_1105-1.jpg

100_1118.jpg

100_1113.jpg

100_1114.jpg

100_1116.jpg

Thanks for looking....comments welcome

Jimmy

Since it is an old kit (read rear wheel metal axle) I had to forgo the rear shocks and flattened the springs. The front suspension (pivot arms? for poseable steering) was cut 50% to drop it in the weeds. I should have dusted the window as flock got stuck to it as I dust-offed the desk. Its clean now.

Since it is an old kit (read rear wheel metal axle) I had to forgo the rear shocks and flattened the springs. The front suspension (pivot arms? for poseable steering) was cut 50% to drop it in the weeds. I should have dusted the window as flock got stuck to it as I dust-offed the desk. Its clean now.

Right on i have this on the to-do list for probably mid Feb. so that's good info. Thank you.