Model Cars Magazine Forum

1929 Model A Sports Coupe, Aussie Hot Rod in1:25 Scale !

fractalign

Hey.

I thought would finally put this up.

I built this about 9 years ago as an my idea of what i would like to own as a late style sixties street rod. Its a very basic model not my most detailed or best finished build but one of my favourites never the less !

This is loosely based on what was being built in Australia at the time.

After looking at lots of pictures of rods from the era, i noticed that there were some common themes on some of the higher end rods of the era, such as metal flake paint, chromed front and rear ends, white upholstery and firewalls and odd wheel tyre combinations.

Starting with a resin body, fenders chassis, i sourced the parts from various different kits.

The Y block came from the Lindberg 1/25 scale 1934 Ford Pick up,one the best kits ever

made in my opinion ! Y blocks were the most popular choice of OHVs at the time in OZ because they were the most affordable. Small block chevs were still to expensive for most rodders at the time !

The chromed front and rear ends were from the Revell 1/25 scale 29 Model A Pick up.

The wheel tyre combo was made up from about three different kits. The rears were from the 1/25 scale AMT 56 Victoria which also gave up its quick change rear and front wishbones, lots of good parts from this kit.

The front wheels were the American Torque Thrusts from the ever reliable Revell 1/25 scale 32 3 window kit, with the tyres coming from the Revell 1/25 scale 31 Model Tudor.

The grill is from an AMT 1/25 32 kit, not sure which one ! the headlight were made up from the 36 Ford buckets with Revell 1/25 scale 26 Model T Lenses !

I finished it off with Dupli Colour Automotive gold metal flake and clear clear.

post-8856-0-96765800-1354956051_thumb.jp

post-8856-0-48610000-1354956136_thumb.jp