Model Cars Magazine Forum

Honda Civic Hatch

JPR

This is the first build I have ever posted on here. The model is Revell's Civic Hatchback. I have built one of these before but It was only my second build so I messed it up pretty bad. This build for me is going to be somewhat of a dream car build. I love these cars in real life so I am planning on building this one like how I would build my own. I havnt done too much so far but I just picked it up today. So far I am going to be using the stock bumpers that came in the kit as well sa the stock wing. I never liked the looks of the body kits. It will be lowered and sitting on a set of Aoshima rims I picked up. Now onto the pics.

First off here are the wheels. They are a set of Aoshima BBS RG's. I found them at my local shop somewhat hidden in the back. Very happy I found them!

100_1648.jpg

Next is a comparison of the motors. The one on the left is the one I just built, and the one on the right is from the first civic I built. Id say I did a pretty good job this time around. Its still not really done yet. Im planning on adding some wire's and other things to make it more realistic.

100_1652.jpg

100_1655.jpg

This is what I have done so far on the dash and center console. Not much just small details but they are there and I think they add to the kit.

100_1651.jpg

And finally this is the stance I am going to hopefully have when I finish this build. This is just a mock up but Im pretty happy about the look.

100_1657.jpg

Im still debating on what color im going to paint it. Im thinking about trying to match the stock civic color called Midori greed. Im still thinking about a few other colors too though. Anyway thats all for now but stay tuned for updates!

Small update. Got most of the interior and bay done. Still going to clean it up a bit but I am pretty happy with the results. Most of it is small details. Im planning on going back and adding some color to the rear seats as well. Going to try to add some wire's to the engine soon as well. Also sorry for the bad pics. Im working with a very cheap camra. :D

100_1662.jpg

100_1658.jpg

Edited by JPR