Model Cars Magazine Forum

Me & my Cuda

FASTBACK340

Currently I'm without a dedicated work area. My wife & I live in a 1 bedroom Co-Op (apartment...) while I'm selling a 3 bedroom house, that included my hobby room. Hopefully I'll have "my room" back in a year or so when we buy another house. But for now I must pick small projects to fit my cramped enviroment.

This is a simple project where I tried to replicate my actual `68 Barracuda. A Johnny Lightning was stripped and painted with Model Car World LL1 turquoise. I bare metaled the trim & bumpers, and swapped in a 6 pack engine from a Challenger T/A. I'm still looking for a set of dog dish hub caps.

MyCuda1-vi.jpg

My car has more blue in it, but it's close enuff!

MyCuda2-vi.jpg

My car is a 360 with a 6 pack & 4 spd. I should have scratch-built a bench seat like my car, but again, I can only do small projects. I have to pack everything up when I finish a session, and you all know how much THAT sucks....

Thanks for looking! Big-Thumbs-Up.gif

Hey John.............Nice 'Cuda! At first glance I thought that was the MPC 1/25 scale '69! :D

Yes, I know how it feels to be in a "temp" environment! Just got word yesterday from my property manager that I have to move in 60 days because the owners of the house want to move back in! :)

So yes, I'm house hunting too...............but no more renting if I can help it------the next place I intend to buy!

This puts a crimp in my modeling as now I now won't have much time to finish that Buick.........:(