Model Cars Magazine Forum

Delete posts

Big Daddy

Sure would be nice if and when we put a post on we would get notified for reason why it gets deleted, it was posted in General yesterday, my bad guess that wasn;t were it was to be so it was moved were they thought it was best suited , and now it's gone

You posted about the Lindberg "Lawman" Plymouth Super Stock kit. There is already an existing topic discussing that very kit in the Model Cars: Car Kit Reviews section, so your post was merged with the existing topic, not deleted. The forum software does not allow for a link to be left behind once the topics are merged (to my knowledge), like we can when a post moved.

Without trying to scold anyone, this could've been prevented by searching beforehand, and finding out of there was already an existing topic on the Lawman kit. There is a pinned topic on how to search the forum using Google in the Tip & Tech section, or you can use keywords in the forum's own advanced search function, which can be accessed by clicking the little white star-flower thing next to the search box, which is in the header on every page of the forum. If I do that, the Lawman topic in the Car Kit Reviews section is #10 on the list.
There is also a second topic covering the newly announced kits for 2014, in which the Lawman kit is both pictured and discussed, so I don't see a reason for creating another post to discuss a specific kit in General Discussion when that kit is already being discussed in two existing topics.
I guess what I'm trying say is (and this is for everyone not just Daryl)-- please use the search FIRST to find out if a post on that same topic already exists. If you need help, please send me a PM and I'll be happy to help. I realize using the search function may not be simple nor easy for anyone, but if you're willing to take a few minutes to learn how to use it, it will benefit everyone, and most of all, you.

One more thing to add. You can place your cursor over a member's screen name (including your own), and click "Find Content", then click either "Only Topics" or "Only Posts" and it will show you all of the Topics or Posts that member has made within the last year. You can select from the listed topics or posts, including topics and/or posts which were moved or merged.

• 3 months later...

P/M a moderator with the link and ask for it to be removed. Pulling a post after 2-3 days and only one reply ? That barely gives anyone time to even look. For me posting something is not about getting comments - it is a chance to share my work, laugh at my mistakes, what I did to overcome little problems and the end result (when that finally happens) I could care less about how many posted likes I get. It is there as a reference for others building the kit and to try to get them to think out of the box or off the page of instructions.

I have seen some of your builds , and even though I didn't comment there was nothing about them that sucked. :)

Need to remove my topic

Send either Harry or myself a PM if you'd like one of your posts deleted, or as Roger suggested (and as you already did) edit the post, and ideally the post title to "DELETE" or similar, and it will be deleted.