Model Cars Magazine Forum

Completed S15 Silvia

Ajay

This is my latest completed model - it's the Aoshima HKS Hiper Silvia D1 car in street trim - basically OOB except for Aoshima CE28 rims, Studio 27 carbon fibre decal on the hood & drivers racing harness. The colour is Peugeot Seville.

Thanks for looking.

vertex7.jpg

vertex3.jpg

vertex5.jpg

vertex4.jpg

cool! im working on a garage defend silvia at the moment, will post some pics when real progress is made.

one question: is that out of box ride height or did you lower it? if you lowered it, how did you do it?

i believe the one im building is fujimi but i dont have it in front of me to confirm...it looks like it sits higher than yours out of the box

ajay--That is a nice clean build. Looks perfect and I like the fact you left it clean and sticker free.... Less is more.

I've learned that the ones that have light body mods and no decals are the ones that have the meaner bite...

Chris

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

William - the Aoshima kit includes springs for the suspension - I was just a case of leaving them off to lower the ride height.

Bobby - The Studio 27 decal is pretty thick and went down OK with micro sol/set and a bit of heat from the hairdrier !. After is dried a gave it a coat of clear lacquer and polished it out.

Cheers

Andy