Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slammed 1995 Sonoma Pickup

Alright guys im just letting you know that im 15 years old and this is my 3rd all out custom. now i cant put all the detail in it as i would like to but i love the looks of lowered and raised pickups. this is one that is slammed. Here are the pics2011-12-23215847-1.jpg2011-12-23215836.jpg2011-12-23220705.jpg2011-12-23220050.jpg2011-12-23215956.jpg2011-12-23214708.jpg2011-12-23220649.jpgthe last picture is a start of some scratch built air tanks. now i just need a gas tank to use. hint hint. let me know what you guys think. any color ideas? i do have an airbrush setup. but cant afford to many expensive paints. but just throw some suggestions!

I have that same kit, my buddie gluebombed it and handed it over, and i just pulled it from my pile last week. Whats awesome is i found everything essential to build it, even the glass, after it surfed with 10 other kits in a box with 150 pieces for 5 years. Im going with a mustard color if i ever get around to building it, but the colors all you buddie, its your kit! BTW do NOT stick that lil v6 in there, im sure you got at least a 350 layin' around, right?

Nathan,

You're off to a good start!

Are you building a custom grille? Hard to tell from the photo.

I owned a '98 S-10 and I loved it!

It was white with black bumpers custom stripes and a black tonneau cover on the bed It was sharp!

I started a '95 S-10 and its lowered and painted a Maroon or Burgandy

Keep up the good work! It's looking awesome! B)

You are off to a great start, Nathan. You really slammed it & it looks very cool. Very clean building & conversion work.

Since you have an airbrush set up, you can use just about any paint as long as it is properly thinned & compatible with the plastic. I would stay away from bomb (spray) cans, they are expensive compared to a bottle of paint. Plus, you can mix your own custom colors & control the paint flow much better.

There are also pearl powders you can purchase for acrylic & solvent base paints you can mix with your paint for more custom options with the airbrush.

Hope this helps & please keep the project going.

Alright. Found a small block chevy in my parts bin just dont jave a belt for the water pump/alternator/fan. will find one though. also got it in primer and am working on body work some more. the front grill and bumper was actually a kit option that i modified to work for the look i wanted.

2011-12-28104233.jpg

2011-12-28104658.jpg

2011-12-28110648.jpg

use them from v6 the 4.3 v6 that gm had is small block with 2piston cut of it i got 3 s10 92/96/94 all lowed to ground. two of them has a v8 in them a one got the stock 4,,3 got same kit and going more outlaw pro street...

i thought about going prostreet with this but ive got a mistang project as well that i need to post pictures of. ive got and 80s s10 that i built as a gasser.