Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 359 Conventional

Clay

No pics yet, but I am going for a Dukes of Hazzard Hauler. The cab is huggar orange with a flat black frame. Tan interior.

Still trying to find some General Lee decals. I am having a problem with the tires not wanting to stay on the rims, if anyone has any tips for this please let me know. I will have pictures at a later date.

Later,

Edited by jones_clayton

I got them one, they just dont want to stay on the rim, like I said pictures could explain it better. The rims and back rim has a lip that they need to go on and its like after I got themon ad got themover that lip they got stretched out.

No pics yet, but I am going for a Dukes of Hazzard Hauler. The cab is huggar orange with a flat black frame. Tan interior.

Still trying to find some General Lee decals. I am having a problem with the tires not wanting to stay on the rims, if anyone has any tips for this please let me know. I will have pictures at a later date.

Later,

Clay, If these will work e_mail me your addy and I'll send them right out.

Ed

DSC01126.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
What's goin' on...

I'm guessing this is one of the AMT 359 kits. Install the tires so the bead is flush w/ the front lip of the rim. Apply a small amount of super glue to the back side (only) of the tire's bead to the rim then install the lock ring.

Actually its a Revell.

Anyway, here are the progress pics. I let my assistant look it over,

Peterbilt001.jpg

Peterbilt002.jpg

Peterbilt003.jpg

After that I got the emblem BMF'd

Peterbilt004.jpg

Got it painted.

Peterbilt012.jpg

Peterbilt013.jpg

Thanks to Ed, 62SS, I got some Dukes of Hazzard decals.

Peterbilt014.jpg

Peterbilt015.jpg

Peterbilt017.jpg

Peterbilt018.jpg

;) Well Clay, I was surprised at the truck beein as how I'm used ta seein cars on your bench.I mean it's a Semi an not a pick-up. But so far it's lookin good. At least they'll be able to see it whan it comes screamin up in the rearveiw mirror, seein how it's that LOOK AT ME NOW! orange! I likes it ! Semper Fi! ;)

Clay, If you can get the outer rim off, squeeze the nub that come thru the center of the back half of the rim with a pair of tweezers to get the nub to slip out of the rim. there should be a slot cut vertically into the nub just squeeze the sides of the nub an pull the wheel back off.