Model Cars Magazine Forum

New TDR Products and REVIEWS

looks good! are you gong to put an intake on it? or wait?

I think at this point, I am going to wait. I was thinking about putting this in the camaro and using it`s intake, but I`m not sure I want to put that crossfire injection setup (ewwwwww) on this engine. I was looking at some of the intakes on the TDR site, and was thinking about going with one of them, maybe even a blower. Then again, maybe the TDR guys have plans for me to review one of their intakes, so maybe I will ask them for direction. Once I have an idea of what I`m going to do, I`ll probably add alot more little details, like wires and labels, etc.

I am open to any suggestions. :o

Hawk, do you still have the engine parts that came in your Camaro kit? If so (and you are so inclined) , it would be interesting to see your engine beside the R/M supplied engine.

Here are some pics of the kit engine in the Camaro. I bought this one assembled, which explains the goofy glue job. Notice that cylinder head detail is just about non-existent, there is no texture on the block, and the bolts on the oil pan are actually ovals that are molded into the side of the oil pan.

camaroengine.jpg

camaroengine2.jpg

camaroengine3.jpg

Ok guys.... sorry again for the long wait on this. I am going to go back to the engine, instead of starting on the Mustang. I`ll be adding an intake, ignition, and wiring and then adding some little details like labels and bolts. I`ve been tossing around the idea of a Weber carb setup, but I think I am going to rob my `85 Corvette of it`s Tune Port setup for this. I `ll probably end up chroming the entire intake to make it look custom, like what you might see on a nice street rod, instead of dropping it back in the Corvette with a stock appearance. The details are so nice on this engine that I would hate to drop it into an engine bay where you can barely see it. That means that it wont be going in the Camaro either. I`ll probably try to hold out and get one of the `32 Ford kit`s or maybe a T-bucket. Thoughts?

Oh well.... I gotta get back to building. I`ll have pics up soon.

Ok guys.... sorry again for the long wait on this. I am going to go back to the engine, instead of starting on the Mustang. I`ll be adding an intake, ignition, and wiring and then adding some little details like labels and bolts. I`ve been tossing around the idea of a Weber carb setup, but I think I am going to rob my `85 Corvette of it`s Tune Port setup for this. I `ll probably end up chroming the entire intake to make it look custom, like what you might see on a nice street rod, instead of dropping it back in the Corvette with a stock appearance. The details are so nice on this engine that I would hate to drop it into an engine bay where you can barely see it. That means that it wont be going in the Camaro either. I`ll probably try to hold out and get one of the `32 Ford kit`s or maybe a T-bucket. Thoughts?

Oh well.... I gotta get back to building. I`ll have pics up soon.

Hawk, what you decide on for a home for this engine is really up to you. Both the T & the Deuce would make for great builds. I agree that it would be shame to hide your engine under a closed hood.

Keep in mind that the re-released Big Tub is still available at the LHS. If you score one at Hobby Lobby with the 40% OFF coupon you'll get a lot of bang for your buck. Not many folks are building tubs but with a little imagination and your skill it could be transformed into a very unique build.

Hawk, what you decide on for a home for this engine is really up to you. Both the T & the Deuce would make for great builds. I agree that it would be shame to hide your engine under a closed hood.

Keep in mind that the re-released Big Tub is still available at the LHS. If you score one at Hobby Lobby with the 40% OFF coupon you'll get a lot of bang for your buck. Not many folks are building tubs but with a little imagination and your skill it could be transformed into a very unique build.

Thanks Grandpa

Where are you seeing the 1/8 scale kits? I`m not seeing any on their site. Do they have the Big Duece there as well?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Grandpa

Where are you seeing the 1/8 scale kits? I`m not seeing any on their site. Do they have the Big Deuce there as well?

Just went and looked online, didn't see them listed either, however at my local store they still had them...no Deuces though. Model Expo still had them in their catalog and I'm sure others do also.