Model Cars Magazine Forum

m978 hemtt heavy fire truck tanker 8x8

• 2 weeks later...

finally received in some parts

the alum steering knuckles came in. i was also able to install the steering bell cranks. these were also alum made

so the front suspension is done. but still need to install steering servo.

you can see that i started on the engine compartment floor. this will be removable

next im modding the rims for the doulbe wide tires

SANY0394-1.jpg

SANY0395-1.jpg

Nice work, are you using original Tamiya TLT axles or are those after market from RC4WD.com? If you aren't aware of this site, they make all kinds of aftermarket SCALE axles ranging from Scale RC 1.9-2.2 and even the BigBoy stuff in 1/8 scale. When I was in RC, I use to purchase stuff from them quite a bit, so I can vouch for their product.

Nice work on both the Drag truck and the tanker! I never could get into the RC Semi's, to rich for my blood.

Nice work, are you using original Tamiya TLT axles or are those after market from RC4WD.com? If you aren't aware of this site, they make all kinds of aftermarket SCALE axles ranging from Scale RC 1.9-2.2 and even the BigBoy stuff in 1/8 scale. When I was in RC, I use to purchase stuff from them quite a bit, so I can vouch for their product.

Nice work on both the Drag truck and the tanker! I never could get into the RC Semi's, to rich for my blood.

im useing f350 axles. im a dealer for rc4wd. r/cs are to rich for my blood too! i dont own any

That tanker you are building you might as well add the small castle receiver and a lipo battery and a small servo for steering, put it all up under the cab or inside the tank. You are building an awesome scale RC. You should post that up on some of the RC sites as well, there are a lot of great Scale scratch builders on them as well.

Your Tanker looks like a MANN... Check out RCRockcrawler.com, The "Large Scale" They have a bunch of MANN trucks that are extremely detailed! This is where I use to always hang out when I did 1/10 scale custom 4WD crawler/Truggies all the time.

Edited by eviltwincustoms

That tanker you are building you might as well add the small castle receiver and a lipo battery and a small servo for steering, put it all up under the cab or inside the tank. You are building an awesome scale RC. You should post that up on some of the RC sites as well, there are a lot of great Scale scratch builders on them as well.

Your Tanker looks like a MANN... Check out RCRockcrawler.com, The "Large Scale" They have a bunch of MANN trucks that are extremely detailed! This is where I use to always hang out when I did 1/10 scale custom 4WD crawler/Truggies all the time.

im useing a 200oz high torque servo for steering. it will mount right below the cab,out of sight. the cab is an oshkosh

im on a few r/c sights. thnx for the r/c link

This thing is crazy HUGE! Just how long is the tanker? and What did you say you were going to build the tank part out of?

This would be one fun RC to take out on a Trials course... :)

i have a couple of different ways to go on tanker. shes 35inch right now, but the time im done im thinking arround 39inch. but the time im down i would say arround the truck isnt really built for trailing as the articulation is really limited.

today i started on the paint, i was going with orange but lately thats the only color ive been doing

i was searching the web and sale a fire company that the color were like a french blue

so something nice and something defferent

the rails are in paint and so are the rims. once i finished the rails i can get started on the axles and suspension

i have one rim done

SANY0416-1.jpg