Model Cars Magazine Forum

Snake N Mongoose

My Mongoose AA/FC was getting lonely so I figured I'd make it a playmate.

This was a 1/2 built that was in a bad way from a long time ago. I bought the double kit when it was first released and it went through 4 moves and several girlfriends.

9rix5s.jpg

rl9oh5.jpg

Time has come to get it back in order and built so I took a break from making wire wheels for my Garlits car to bust this one out. Nothing fancy just plug wires and poetic licence as to the colors.

2ebv96q.jpg

5l2wd5.jpg

As one thread said here, "build for yourself". That's what I'm doing.

Bob

Edited by Dragline

Got some paint and decals on her today. Painted it at 1:45 with Tamiya yellow. Decaled it an hour later. It's a wonder what direct sunlight and 90 degree temps do to this paint.

j6o4qt.jpg

esu7ly.jpg

Ready for clearcoat and BMF in the next couple of days.

6yd5d3.jpg

2e4gdc4.jpg

2i9t6ir.jpg

Comments always welcomed.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob,

Well I just had to take a second look, both cars just look so sharp. Had a couple of questions if I may? How do you dry in the sun, aren't you worried about warping bodies and also, what about the humidity? From what I have learned (and I need to learn a lot...) humidity doesn't affect the paint after it is sprayed, it just affects the drying time.

Also, do you spray indoors or out? I am using the garage, but the humidity is just killing me (live very close to Galveston Bay) and always waaayyy too humid and hot except for a couple days a month during the summer. Any tips/ideas how to deal with humidity and dry without damage are sure appreciated. I love your models, keep up the good work, a true joy to behold. Thanks again.

Mike

What can I say Mike? They dry in my hand in these temps bro. At this rate Ill complete 5 cars a month! LOL

It has been dry here so humidity has NOT been a problem. I spray Duplicolor from cans [No airbrush] and they are VERY particular to temp and humidity.

As for the rest..... It's been a lifelong dream to get these done and OUTTA the way to focus on other builds.

Next up?

Kenny Bernsteins Tempo Funny Car! Full Detail..........

That, and to finish my Reher Morrison Build.

One kit at a time eh?

Bob

Edited by Dragline