Model Cars Magazine Forum

custom build of progress thread ENDDATE JANUARY 31/09

sdrodder

Hey thanks. Those are nice. Cant even pick my favorite. Well i have begun workin on the truck. Skirted the rear fenders and added tailights. Also started shaving the f1 off of the cab. Pick of the fenders will be added in the next few minutes. nice ford cal. Pretty nice. Whats the color on it looks pretty cool.

Thanks, I should have picked something with less foiling to do :D

It's a gillion coats of Testors iridecent blue-purple. In person it looks like blued steel.

Egads not even a 1/4 done...

starfoil2.jpg

Well peel the tape off already! :lol::rolleyes:

I did, waited too long, and will have some touch up to do.

starliner01.jpg

Of course it is seperated by upper and lower chromes.

It is just so big and dark.

Edited by CAL

A grilling decision while workin my 12 hour overtime days at work I have lot of time too think about my model .... I wasnt really happy with the looks of the photo etch grill insert I had And I wanted a narrow type Lasalle Grill . Well I found an extra 49 merc grill from Amt and turned it sideways and after a little triming I think it looks alot better Oh I used the original kustom grill surround from the 36 kit and hogged it out a little and after a few test fittings and carfull trimmings I finnally got what I was lookng for its just one step closer to a killer kustom ... Hope you all like it? even though Ive been workin long hours at the daily grind I still m trying to do a little each day although I cant post everyday ill still try to keep you all up to date as I progress check out tonights eye kandy!

Bud Ellis Kustoms

DSC01366.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

DSC01369.jpg

DSC01370.jpg

DSC01372.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

DSC01376.jpg

wow all models are nice. Love what you have done with the grill kustoms. Love the paint on the ford. Looks great. Tabsscale what in for the 40? Lovering, skirts, a nice shave. Tomorrow i will work allittle more on my truck. Worked on my supension. Got my suspension figured out. Fixed everything on it and got my hydrolics done. Now comes the fun part puttn it in. Pics come tomorrow. This build is more fun than the others i have been in. I think its the great people on this board that make it fun.

Oh yeah. That i'll work especially with a white interior.

White.... LT blue cloth incerts and accents?

star02.jpg

Definitely my most ambitious foil job.

Edited by CAL

A grilling decision while workin my 12 hour overtime days at work I have lot of time too think about my model .... I wasnt really happy with the looks of the photo etch grill insert I had And I wanted a narrow type Lasalle Grill . Well I found an extra 49 merc grill from Amt and turned it sideways and after a little triming I think it looks alot better Oh I used the original kustom grill surround from the 36 kit and hogged it out a little and after a few test fittings and carfull trimmings I finnally got what I was lookng for its just one step closer to a killer kustom ... Hope you all like it? even though Ive been workin long hours at the daily grind I still m trying to do a little each day although I cant post everyday ill still try to keep you all up to date as I progress check out tonights eye kandy!

Bud Ellis Kustoms

DSC01366.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

DSC01369.jpg

DSC01370.jpg

DSC01372.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

DSC01376.jpg

Yeah, I like that narrow grill on it. Looks good.

Bud, where in the HE-double tooth picks did you come up with that idea? that is sick!

huffin too much drywall dust at work I guess its good for the brain cells? hahahahah like I said 12 hours days at work gives me alot of time to think about models somtimes I think thats about the only thing that helps me get thru it thanks for the comps everyone!

Bud Ellis Kustoms

Edited by kustoms

huffin too much drywall dust at work I guess its good for the brain cells? hahahahah like I said 12 hours days at work gives me alot of time to think about models somtimes I think thats about the only thing that helps me get thru it thanks for the comps everyone!

Bud Ellis Kustoms

I hear you there.

Here is what i have so far with an hour of work. Thought about chopping it some more but think I'll stick with this

P1010562.jpg

P1010563.jpg

AWSOME. I have tryed to chop one. Lets just say that i will be a roadster :rolleyes: . Nice chop. Are you gona run a hopped up flatty? If you were i would sugest either contacting replicas and minuatures company of maryland. They have nice hop ups or for a nice kit flatty i would go with the one out of the revell 50 ford truck. But wow. Awsome work.

AWSOME. I have tryed to chop one. Lets just say that i will be a roadster :rolleyes: . Nice chop. Are you gona run a hopped up flatty? If you were i would sugest either contacting replicas and minuatures company of maryland. They have nice hop ups or for a nice kit flatty i would go with the one out of the revell 50 ford truck. But wow. Awsome work.

That will be interesting.

Everybodys builds look great so far keep up the great work guys I think is awsome that we all are sharing progress pics Its kinda like were boostin each others enthusiastic building skills and I enjoy seeing what everyone else is building.... Man this is a fun challenge !!! lets keep it going guys :rolleyes:

Bud Ellis kustoms

i cant wait to start building, does anyone know the ened date or is it still up in the air. i have the whole car already in my head just every time i think about it the colors change. everyone looks like they have some real nice projects going gonna have to step up big time on this one

i cant wait to start building, does anyone know the ened date or is it still up in the air. i have the whole car already in my head just every time i think about it the colors change. everyone looks like they have some real nice projects going gonna have to step up big time on this one

IIRC Jan 1st. 09

1/2 way with BMF and I am starting to get edgy ..... :blink:

starfoil5.jpg

IIRC Jan 1st. 09

1/2 way with BMF and I am starting to get edgy ..... :blink:

starfoil5.jpg

Cal wrong Endate is jan 31 09. I will make it the subtitle. Love the ford. Nice idea on the white color. looks kida like a 60s lowrida. Nice. Need to actually work on my truck today. Called my friend this morning and ended up talking to her for about 3 hours. Well lets see what i can get done today.