Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tire Lettering / Painting

Marty- The only thing i know that would work is using a White Gel Pen. I use a Gelly Roll medium point white gel pen which you can find at any art supply store or Michaels. I hope this helps.

Ditto. This is the best and easiest way I have found.

I'm having a hard time seeing the picture! Those appear to be Goodyear Frontrunners? Am I right? If so, the best way is to sand the raised lettering off and use a Replica And Minatures of MD Goodyear Eagle tire stencil to spray the letters on. Here's a real set:

tires-wheels-2.jpg

Second choice would be to use Nascar type Goodyear Eagle decals.

Hey Guys-

.... The tires are Goodyear "Frontrunners".

Marty

Thats what I thought. The problem is, #1, the real ones don't have raised lettering, and #2, the real ones don't say "Frontrunner", they say "Eagle"....lol! Good luck with whichever route you go.

Thats what I thought. The problem is, #1, the real ones don't have raised lettering, and #2, the real ones don't say "Frontrunner", they say "Eagle"....lol! Good luck with whichever route you go.

TOMMY-

Just going to highlight the "Goodyear" on the tire. On the Black & Silver W.J. Prostock car I'm doing I recieved several pictures with & without lettered Goodyears on the front. Maybe he was testing differant Goodyear's for roll-out purposes, only W.J. knows for sure. ;)

Marty

TOMMY-

Just going to highlight the "Goodyear" on the tire. On the Black & Silver W.J. Prostock car I'm doing I recieved several pictures with & without lettered Goodyears on the front. Maybe he was testing differant Goodyear's for roll-out purposes, only W.J. knows for sure. ;)

Marty

when in doubt ask "the professor"...lol

TOMMY-

Just going to highlight the "Goodyear" on the tire. On the Black & Silver W.J. Prostock car I'm doing I recieved several pictures with & without lettered Goodyears on the front. Maybe he was testing differant Goodyear's for roll-out purposes, only W.J. knows for sure. B)

Marty

This sounds like a cool project! The club I'm in is doing a group build of things with a Georgia connection, and I ALMOST chose one of W.J.s cars as my subject. Hope to see some progress pics on this soon. BTW...if the gel pen don't work out, let me know....I can probably dig up some Goodyear decals for ya.