Model Cars Magazine Forum

I just got back from our trip out west. On our way out, we stayed in Bozeman Montana and wound eating at a Restaurant called The Garage Soup Shack & Mesquite Grill. Great food and interesting décor. Obviously an automotive theme, but they did some innovative decorations such as vehicle grills turned into wall sconces. Here are a couple of photos:

DSCF3498_zps00e7f484.jpg

DSCF3500_zps2a891ee9.jpg

In Seattle, besides looking at moving back, I got together with my very good friend Jim Greene and, amongst other things, went to the recently opened Lemay Auto Museum in Tacoma. Besides bits of Harold’s original collection, there are vehicles from other collections and special exhibits, the current being NASCAR.

It is an eclectic array as evidenced from some pix:

DSCF3522_zpsd81c990b.jpg

DSCF3539_zps92c2e957.jpg

DSCF3579_zpsce6b3ab1.jpg

DSCF3680_zps62ae6db5.jpg

Here, my friend Jim stuck his head into the frame as I was shooting a pic of a copy of a Smokey Yunick 55 Chevy Racer:

DSCF3617_zps9266ba38.jpg

My wife, who came along also, said the look of incredulity on my face on this Ridler winner was unbelievable:

DSCF3687_zps8c7892cc.jpg

Yes, there is a 360 Ferrari Modena engine in this 60 Rambler Wagon. And yes, I was appalled by the sacrilege.

Anyway, here is the link to the album for the remaining pix:

http://s150.photobucket.com/user/exotics_builder/library/2013%20Harold%20Lemay%20Museum%20Visit