Model Cars Magazine Forum

99 SVT Cobra

sinisterc10

So I went to hobby lobby today and picked up this kit for 12 bucks and cut the backs of the wheels out because they are chrome and deep so I trimmed them up so that i could put the actual wheel behind it giving it a super deep dish in the back and the front are normal and it looks sick. I shaved the rear spoiler and got everything stock lookin inside and underneath because these IRS cobra's hook up somewhat stock with a little over 500 HP looks mean just mocked up. Its gonna get painted pearl tangerine by createx I've used theses paints before and they lay down smooth out of my super cheap "airbrush" well I'll get pics up soon.....comments are always welcome

I meant like if they were built the stock suspension would take about 500hp. We gotta 95 gt and for only having a cold air intake a throttle body and a blaster coil it gets up to 120 pretty quick lol. Good ol 302 ...thanks for the info on the HP ratings I knew the 4.6 wasn't to power full because of all the problems they have unless they're a 32valve then they're decent lol just wish this was a terminator kit they look so much better and they crank out the power with a pulley swap. ....

I like it. I would not have done the console lid though. I have the door cups and radio/shifter trim in my pacific green 97 done body color. And since the interior is tan I did the gauge bezel in tan to pull it in like the pass air bag cover. Still looks great after all these years

That sounds sweet Fred! Our 95 has blue stripes over the factory white and to like good but when you get close it looks like BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH,the clear coat on the stripes peeled off because the jackass who painted the stripes didn't clear the whole car he just cleared the stripes so sir and water got beneath em and peeled it up. We like the style of the stripes but the car has minimal hail damage we're gonna get done for free then we'll redo the white and shoot the stripes in a metallic lime green and since its already got a 3in cowl hood we'll probably drop in a sbc k member and a big inch small block with a glide and possibly a little giggle gas lol. Hey may i ask if you have pics of your car? I'd like to see it,it sounds like a beautiful car..

You can see the horrible looking oil pan i mad because the kit was missing it :/ and the cars almost presebtabl. The paint looks amazing. Thats always my favorite part. As long as it comes out good and doesn't need to be cut and buffed like this one. Well thats my update comments welcome...post-14100-0-06197400-1403827282_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been working in 1/25 lately lol. I've been workin on the 1:1 stang and got rid of the 18x8s saleens and got a set of weld draglites 15x4.5 for the fronts and 15x8.5 for the backs. 165s out front and 295s out back. Looks killer.... Get back on 1/25 soon post-14100-0-80587400-1404798688_thumb.j