Model Cars Magazine Forum

next vw type 2 on the rack

empinut

newpictures2012-vi.jpg

Picture026-vi.jpg

Picture027-vi.jpg

Picture032-vi.jpg

I just added the glass and a headliner (white hockey tape!--sounds bad, but it works for me) and the door panels scanned from the hi tech kit.

will finish this wkend.

thanks for looking.

Bill Murrieta

almost have enough vw's for my own Bug-In!

the wheels/rims on the bus are chrome from a revell model A....they sorta look like empi 5 spokes.

I mastered the radirs on the purple oval in the background (afxnscale had them in their on line catalog) and they have alclad sprayed on them.

newpictures2003-vi.jpg

the beading is fairly simple if you have patience to work about a half inch at a time....its just detail master spark plug wire. You lay a little down where u want it and then use a sharp toothpick and just a little 5-10 second high flow quick set super glue....running it right in between the wire and the seat so it just sort of wicks in. once again u just work a half inch at a time. I then usually just clear coat it with semi gloss or flat to blend in any minuscule glue marks. lot easier then it sounds. The wavy trim is because I got a little tired after doing the 3 seats.

thanks

Picture001-vi.jpg

Awesome idea on the man! I will give that a a try.

I have an idea for a beetle, Make it a front engine custom, I know it's kinda sac-religous but think it would look good. Big engine in front with scoop, side pipes, and big mags in the rear. Funny thing, if anyone were to make on 1:1 it would probably flip over frontwards :roll: