Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri truck Accesories

I brought the Italeri truck accessories set no 720,for my GMC pick up snow plow project and after opening the box, realized that the figures were different to the box art. the driver figure has sun glasses, one of the standing figures has a baseball cap, whereas on the box, the figures are not wearing these. Did they make two different sets, or is this a case of pre issue artwork not being updated? Not fussed, just curious :)

001_zps9479ace5.jpg

002_zpsd1eb3c22.jpg

006_zpsa4b0a99e.jpg

Edited by Ridgeback

If you look closely, You can see the Heavy-set Standing guy Does look to have glasses on!

Cowboy Hat & denim vest. yes would be nice if they were separate,

but would have to be wire you form, or photo-etch in this scale!!

And, Is the baseball cap shown on the box somewhere else??

Edited by Edsel-Dan

No, doesn't show the baseball cap anywhere. My bad, didn't see the sunglasses on the guy with the beard, but the driver figure has a flat top hair cut and he also has sun glasses. the clothes are different on two of the figures too and they are both wearing sandals, which kind of messes with the snow plow thing, unless they are particularly hard core :)

Cheapest truck kit in my local model shop is £45 ($72) And that is the Revell Australian rig, which is on special offer. You can get them cheaper on line, but then they kill it with outragous postage costs.

I thought I had a good deal on a Kenworth on Amazon, at £27. Then I looked at the postage - £18.50. :( It's the kind of stunt that gets pulled on e bay too. Sell it cheap and charge hugely for P&P