Model Cars Magazine Forum

WW3 Battle Scars (A post future look at rebellion, finished)

ZombieHunter26

So, a little history on this project before I get to the real reason you're here, the eyecandy!

I started the project about 2 months ago, and the main basis of my material resource has been low budget stuff, like scrap signage styrene, foamboard, old tools, old toys, good old superglue, and acrylic paints.

I had originally planned a much larger diorama, but decided to cut the size in half when I realized how fast I was burning through materials.

I'll give you a little story to set the mood for the pics-

the year is 2055, and the Communist countries of the world have long since put their strengths together as one big war machine against the U.S. of A.

The war has been going strong for a decade, and our military has been reduced to rag-tag caravans of militant civilians and former law enforcement mixed in with a few regular military remnants. Our scene deals with one such group- the remnants of Foxtrot Company Bravo.

Our war-torn heroes have been hoofing it for weeks, going from ruined city to ruined city looking for somewhere to set up a base that won't easily be detected by the enemy.

They come across a derelict pump house that once gathered energy from a hydrothermal vent positioned underneath it.

They are uneasy, the remains of an enemy trooper and friendly spec ops lay pecked and rotting in the harsh wasteland sun.

What will they find inside? Is this place safe enough for them? I left that up for you guys to decide.

Fuzzy overhead view, I hate my camera sometimes.

DSCF1078-vi.jpg

Rear overhead view.

DSCF1076-vi.jpg

Bringing up the rear, with a gauss cannon!

DSCF1057-vi.jpg

More past the break.

"We've got a situation..."

DSCF1056-vi.jpg

quick run down of the team in this pic- Power armored guy in the back is the grenadier. power armored guy in the front is heavy rifleman(reduced to a pistol, weapon damage sucks!). Guy in blue is a former engineer-turned-militant. The driver is the the "Non-Commissioned Officer" of the squad.

DSCF1051-vi.jpg

I love making power armored soldiers... :D

DSCF1061-vi.jpg

Still got more to come....

Seriously... I think this is what the soldiers outside died trying to get to. The former workers of this particular pump house were definitely planning on disrupting the enemy's plans, before they were cut out of the game. Plasma Cutter Cannon!

DSCF1068-vi.jpg

Our guys might like the ammo stashed away on top of the locker... any bonus is a good bonus!

DSCF1069-vi.jpg

One last bit. I did A WHOLE BUNCH of internal pics in my previous topic on this project. I don't wanna flood the topic with reposts.

DSCF1070-vi.jpg

So what do you guys think? Is there a risk involved in setting up base here for these guys? LOL.

Lemme know how you liked the project guys, I'm happy to be done with it finally :P

• 1 year later...