Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got a few questions on the 1/12 '69 Camaro kits

First off, I bought a kit that was on eBay that someone picked up at a garage sale. The body had a crack in the roof, but other than that, a few things were painted and can be stripped. I went through all the parts through the instruction book and every single part is accounted for! Now for the crack in the roof...doesn't matter cuz I'm getting a body without a crack from a damnn good guy on the forum! So now that the problem is out the window, I have a few questions regarding this kit...

How much aftermarket is available for this car? The only thing I found is the photoetched pack, which I'm planning on purchasing.

Are these kits fairly simple to assemble? And if so, do they go together well (as far as fitment)?

And lastly, do you think the wheels/tires from the Shelby GT500 would look okay on this kit, or should I keep looking? (pic below is a photochop I did to see how it would look)

ProtourCamaro.jpg

Thanks for any and all information guys/gals!

If your interested, I've got this set, got them with some parts on a trade, I have no idea what they came from, I'm guessing some sort of diecast. The scale out to 20" in the rear and about 18" in the front at 1/12 scale.

I have no 1/12 stuff right now so I don't have any use for them at the present time.

Shoot me a message if you like.

52D26C09-9EEB-45BF-8200-BCC91DC4DC4A-3802-0000028E9CF873B7.jpg

Edited by moparmagiclives