Model Cars Magazine Forum

ratty Fleetliner getting rusty

CB

Gettin the chrome 'aged'. Worked on headlight buckets, hogged out grille, and front bumper today. Thinned ends of bumper, scraped flash and ruff edges, scraped chrome off in strategic spots. Applied orange-ish acrylic paint to which I brushed on pastel dust of a rusty color.

5 pix in the album. I don't know what the problem is, but I can't seem to insert more than 1 photo. I go back to Fotki to grab another, come back here, and the first pic is gonzo. Unless somebody can show me how to do this without it taking all freakin day, I gotta do it this way, coz I gotta spend most of the rest of the day here doin freakin housewife ######. So the link below is to the album. Sorry, best I can do.

Oh yeah....... :( half a nice day everbody :rolleyes:

http://public.fotki.com/V866/ratgetsrusty/

Guest Gramps-xrds
:P:huh: ######'n that thing's really startin to look good, I'm impressed. but I think it might look better PINK :D:D:P Just kidding ol bud. Keep it up and I may have to take one of the 51 coupes and make me one too. I got a vert that I could redo. :(:rolleyes:

:P Holy Shamoly ######'n you opened up the grilles in the PARKING LITES? Geeze your gettin as bad as the Ol Dude!You bringin back ALOT of fond memories with this one ######'n.In fact if I'm not mistaken, I think I've still got one of those turn signal assemblys in the gatage that I kept for ol times sake! Oh , before I forget, Pop had optional turn signals an both his cars, It was a smallgrey box that bolted onto the steering column,on the left side, about 3x3 inches with a lever to activate the signal lites.there was a small green lite on the box to let him know they were on. Just thought I'd tell you, in case you wanted to get REALLY deep into this build! She's lookin nice an ratty there ######'n! I likeses it! :(:rolleyes::D:D

:huh: Holy Shamoly ######'n you opened up the grilles in the PARKING LITES? Geeze your gettin as bad as the Ol Dude!You bringin back ALOT of fond memories with this one ######'n.In fact if I'm not mistaken, I think I've still got one of those turn signal assemblys in the gatage that I kept for ol times sake! Oh , before I forget, Pop had optional turn signals an both his cars, It was a smallgrey box that bolted onto the steering column,on the left side, about 3x3 inches with a lever to activate the signal lites.there was a small green lite on the box to let him know they were on. Just thought I'd tell you, in case you wanted to get REALLY deep into this build! She's lookin nice an ratty there ######'n! I likeses it! :lol:
I be feelin as old as the OL Dude at times George :lol: so I guess its naturl :lol: Just hope I can come close to his buildin level, but I'll be 96 by the time I get 40 years worth of dusty models shelved. Course, at the rate I'm goin I'll probly only need 1 - maybe 2 at the most - shelves :lol: . Glad you're diggin the memories. I found out from my Dad that when I was a toddler I was ridin in a 51 4door bowtie. Sounds like they didn't come with turn signals in 'em? I think I've seen that before, just don't know where or when. I thought about drillin those little turn signal 'grilles' (?) out but I don't wanna overdo things :lol: ! I gotta practise so's I'll be ready when it's time to plumb the straight 6 I'm gonna put in my 51 gasser to show up that punk kid Florian :lol: when he pulls his 51 up to the tree with its nose up in the air ;) . Can't wait to get Florian's gasser and mine together with that Christmas tree! He done give me the bug! Thanks Florian!!

;);) ######'n that thing's really startin to look good, I'm impressed. but I think it might look better PINK :lol::lol::lol: Just kidding ol bud. Keep it up and I may have to take one of the 51 coupes and make me one too. I got a vert that I could redo. :):D
Don't know what it is Gramps, guess I'm bein tempted, coz I find myself thinkin, ever once ina whiles, bout painting sumpin pink........but then I gets over it - until the next time :D . Thanx for the kind words. I feel honored that you are impressed. I'm actually impressed myself. couple times I thought bout just throwin together just to getr done, but............mebbe if'n it were a ford :lol: . Nah........I can't do dat. Love to see you redo the vert. I can just imagine it now -low, with skirts & spotlights, and your trademark discs...........oh man, I'm gettin goosebups :blink:

Guest Gramps-xrds
Don't know what it is Gramps, guess I'm bein tempted, coz I find myself thinkin, ever once ina whiles, bout painting sumpin pink........but then I gets over it - until the next time :lol: . Thanx for the kind words. I feel honored that you are impressed. I'm actually impressed myself. couple times I thought bout just throwin together just to getr done, but............mebbe if'n it were a ford :lol: . Nah........I can't do dat. Love to see you redo the vert. I can just imagine it now -low, with skirts & spotlights, and your trademark discs...........oh man, I'm gettin goosebups ;)

All right I know now ######'n. :) You were in my model room while I was on vacation. Or else you couldn't have described my vert so well. :D;) Next time I'm gonna set some traps :D:lol::lol:

DSCF0646.jpg

DSCF0647.jpg

DSCF0648.jpg

I be feelin as old as the OL Dude at times George :lol: so I guess its naturl :D Just hope I can come close to his buildin level, but I'll be 96 by the time I get 40 years worth of dusty models shelved. Course, at the rate I'm goin I'll probly only need 1 - maybe 2 at the most - shelves :lol: . Glad you're diggin the memories. I found out from my Dad that when I was a toddler I was ridin in a 51 4door bowtie. Sounds like they didn't come with turn signals in 'em? I think I've seen that before, just don't know where or when. I thought about drillin those little turn signal 'grilles' (?) out but I don't wanna overdo things :) ! I gotta practise so's I'll be ready when it's time to plumb the straight 6 I'm gonna put in my 51 gasser to show up that punk kid Florian :Dwhen he pulls his 51 up to the tree with its nose up in the air ;) . Can't wait to get Florian's gasser and mine together with that Christmas tree! He done give me the bug! Thanks Florian!!

Punk kid :blink: I know your just kiddin but atlest the name matches the music i listed too, punk rock ;) . Well u are way to confident :lol: By the time i pull up there on a sunny day, you will be so blinded but the flake of the car and rims and from the sight of my truck that by the time u get ur vision back i will be parkin my gasser because i won :lol: Jst kiddin of course because i know it will be a thight race. Loe the rusty fleet. Gramps love the convert and also you are invited to watch the race between me and crapn

Punk kid :lol: I know your just kiddin but atlest the name matches the music i listed too, punk rock :lol: . Well u are way to confident B) By the time i pull up there on a sunny day, you will be so blinded but the flake of the car and rims and from the sight of my truck that by the time u get ur vision back i will be parkin my gasser because i won B) Jst kiddin of course because i know it will be a thight race. Loe the rusty fleet. Gramps love the convert and also you are invited to watch the race between me and crapn

Yeah, I'm just kiddin Florian. That's what's so great about this here forum - we all oughta have an Old Milwaukee (well I guess you can't Florian :lol: ) coz "it don't get any better'n this!" Yer lucky yer a 'punk kid' -Gramps & I wish we could be 'punk kids' again! I'm into metal and hardcore myself and some punk. Thanx fer the love o my rusty rat. Can't wait to get it under glass, if they'll let it in there. Whatta ya think of Gramps' fittyone convert? Zat cool or what? It's even got 'RATO' :lol: --"rocket assist take off"!! Them taillight lenses aint showin the chains what hold em on when you hits the button Gramps! That is one sweet bobby soxer lookin cruisin machine! Whatcha gonna do widdit?

DSCF0648.jpg

I done did it again :lol: -- forgot to ask ya Gramps, wonder if they make a 51 convert kit anymore? I spose you could always cut the top off a sedan tho. B) You remember if this was one of them drug store models?

Guest Gramps-xrds

I think I read that the new AMT (or who ever is doing the new releases) is issuing the vert 51 again, if it's not already out. :lol:B)

Yeah, I'm just kiddin Florian. That's what's so great about this here forum - we all oughta have an Old Milwaukee (well I guess you can't Florian :D ) coz "it don't get any better'n this!" Yer lucky yer a 'punk kid' -Gramps & I wish we could be 'punk kids' again! I'm into metal and hardcore myself and some punk. Thanx fer the love o my rusty rat. Can't wait to get it under glass, if they'll let it in there. Whatta ya think of Gramps' fittyone convert? Zat cool or what? It's even got 'RATO' :lol: --"rocket assist take off"!! Them taillight lenses aint showin the chains what hold em on when you hits the button Gramps! That is one sweet bobby soxer lookin cruisin machine! Whatcha gonna do widdit?

Well i dont only listen to punk, Almost anything rock realy exept soft rock. The realy good thing is my dad bought a car radio and set it up in the garage next to my work place with 2 speakers one by me and one at the end of the garage that are about 1 yard tall :huh::D . Gladly i can close the door that leads to the garage to the house and rock out without my mom or dad commin after me because they cant stand the music. I also listhen tho 50s rock and roll sometimes. Well back to models. Gramps 51 convert is awsome, Gramps do you remember were those lights came from? If they reissue this one then i will go and get like 3. one as a gasser, 2nd as a mild custom, and 3rd chopped and all the fun stuff :D