Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gremlin X Funny Car

Hi all I was wondering I got a buildup Gremlin X Funny car from ebay. Is it after a real funny car if so does anybody have photo`s of it. Hoping someone has detail shoots of it. I want to do this kits right.Just got the striped so far.

John Pol

I just did some checking around & the only Gremlin F/C I could find was Lou Azar's "Funny Gremlin" (pictured above), I have a magazine article in an old issue of Drag Racing USA of a Mid-engined sidewinder Gremlin that was being built, but if it was ever completed I don't know (never heard about it again), if you want to try & build Lou's Gremlin F/C (AMT made a model of this car years ago) Model Express has decals for it, under the Billy Gooche Decals listing on page 2, Lou Azar's Funny Gremlin SKU-BG-135, it lists for $9.50. The decals should fit the body being as back then a lot of Model Companies used the stock bodies from their normal models with just the hood molded in to make it a one-piece body. I have this model with a set of BG's Funny Gremlin decals in storage back in Fl. (some day I'll get all my stuff here in Tucson!) Good Luck in your build!