Model Cars Magazine Forum

what's the one kit u would love to see reissued?

Never understood why they did the box-art like that, it's sort of a Hippie theme or Barbie (not Klaus) toy-like, while the Land Rover brand at that time, stood for a though vehicle for serious off-roading, for fun and as a mean to get through and to remote areas, other then by plane.

Since the late 90's it's also become a fashion accessory, to portray the adventurous to those who like the theme but in a concrete jungle setting.

And then the French license plates on a iconic British vehicle, they fought wars for less there ;^)

Anyway, that kit, if the tooling is still there needs a overhaul, better wheels and tires (option off and on road) a roll-bar extra doors for topless (no not that kind) driving and some neat off road accessories like a winch, tread plates and real looking gas cans.

They should scrap the design all together and come out with a Defender 90 kit and a Discovery I or II. Those would sell.

Somebody made a 1/24 MGA, I've seen built ups (and passed on them at a swap meet), but I don't know what model company. I'd love to have one.

Sign me up. I drove one for many years in college, 1967-1968, well that wasn't so many years. B)465071-900-0.jpg?rev=2

It was by Southern / SE Finecast in the UK and was in white metal. They also did the MGB roadster and GT, along with an upgrade kit to convert the B to a V8, as per the factory BGT V8. See here.

I'd love one of those kits too, so I can build a model of my uncle's '59 1600 Mk1 roadster, which I borrowed for most of last summer when my '67 Volvo Amazon was undergoing crash repairs. Btw, the one in the pic is a 1500.

However, as the MGA has already been nominated, my vote for reissuing is instead for the road version of the Italeri Range Rover. The Paris Dakar rally version has been re-released a few times, but I haven't seen a road going one, except for the rare occasions when one appears on ebay (usually police spec - but easily converted to civilian) and ends up fetching far stronger money than I'm prepared to pay. No doubt it will be re-released, as soon as I have finished converting the rally version i bought a few years ago to normal road spec...

Edited by Paul H