Model Cars Magazine Forum

Compton look VW t3 notch

Lownslow

the car is a Maisto VW the before pic was just me messing around with tamiya weathering powder. the color is british racing green, the trim was done in tin foil,pegasus wheels. i also swapped the windshield with clear styrene because it was a bit thick and i cracked it installing it.

before

5cc9715a.jpg

after

f94f4fbc.jpg

35c92c74.jpg

You did a great job on the T-3. Most on this forum will not appresiate how rare the real Type 3 was in the USA. They were never sold here and the ones that are in the lower 48 probably came from Canada. I used to be really into VW's and a t-3 was very desirable.

Gary

You did a great job on the T-3. Most on this forum will not appresiate how rare the real Type 3 was in the USA. They were never sold here and the ones that are in the lower 48 probably came from Canada. I used to be really into VW's and a t-3 was very desirable.

Gary

Really, wasn't aware of them being so rare.... I grew up with alot of my neighbors owning type III Notchbacks and fastbacks.... My father had a '68 Fastback when I was little, and that thing was durable to say the least( was still running strong only with 2 cylinders, when my Bro got it, and I have wanted another ever since).....

Very Nicely done Btw Low, that's how I prefer my Old Skool V-Dubs....

Oh man, now this you reallt don't see, they are sweet when you see them over here, I love em, they make me want to get one bad! :rolleyes: And yes, they are a rare one, as BigGary mentioned, and desirable, but still relatively cheap, if you can find one, yeah these aren't like Hemis....

The camber is outrageous, the finished is much better. <_<

Oh man, now this you reallt don't see, they are sweet when you see them over here, I love em, they make me want to get one bad! :rolleyes: And yes, they are a rare one, as BigGary mentioned, and desirable, but still relatively cheap, if you can find one, yeah these aren't like Hemis....

The camber is outrageous, the finished is much better. <_<

yeah i still have to find one thats in my budget with a working heater. it was sitting on the wheels in that first pic my other type 3 has the wheels this car had