Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've had to put this one on hold. I was putting on the clear coat. While I was clearing the other parts, my paint stand got knocked over by my cat. So, I have to strip the cab and the bed. To make things worse, I'm out of the Tamiya paint that I need.

RYAN.

Don't worry, I didn't kill the cat....

Well, it was looking pretty good before the cat incident, but I'm sure you'll get it back to form, soon....I've learned to shoo the cats from the garage....Good thing is, they've never knocked anything over....At least not yet....This is Kobe, chillin' on my table...

post-10745-0-92232200-1370746092_thumb.j

Edited by kilrathy10

• 2 months later...

Well, I got the Lightning painted again after soaking in brake fluid for about a month. That was some really tough paint! Going with Tamiya bright orange. And wouldn't you know it, I ran out of paint again! :angry: Being on a somewhat limited budget, I'm not able to afford any kind of paint right now. But, I have been working on it. I popped off the valve covers to respray them. I also drilled out the tailpipes and installed them. Interior is more or less complete and just doing some of the larger assemblies to get them ready for paint. Just nothing worth showing at this time, really. I'm kinda going for a halloween theme with black rims and maybe a big pumpkin on the hood or the tailgate. What do you guys think? I'll try to update this again when I get in some more paint. Wouldn't it be nice if Hobby Lobby or Michaels carried Tamiya paint?

RYAN.