Model Cars Magazine Forum

My First Tuner: Fujimi Mark1 Mr2

LVZ2881

heres my leap into the world of Tuners:

I have about 20 various tuner kits to eventuallt build, i figured since I had to order paint for my NASCAR build, I should start on one, and I chose this. I always liked these cars.

plan is to attempt to get it to sit as low as it does in the pics. rear is already done(thanks to multiple holes for the metal axle), front will take some work.

I also thought about some different wheels, but the way the fronts on this kit mount ( wheel mounts to strut using metal screw), I'm using the kit wheels, and besides, I actually like watanabe's.

plan calls for tamiya pearl orange, with grey interior with orange accents.

roof needed work as it appears that kit had t-tops at one point, then the tool was modified, leaving a trough in the roof.

HPIM3309.jpg

HPIM3310.jpg

bright, vibrant color, but otherwise very clean and simple, almost understated.

see the S13 in this thread:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9996

hey I recognize that car..lol

Looks like your off to a good start, I've never built an MR2 myself, but i like the old ones like you are building. Good choice on the wats too, they fit the nature of the car(i'd use them on everything I build but they don't quite work on some stuff..lol)

Good luck with the rest of the build.

Gray

• 3 weeks later...
hey I recognize that car..lol

Looks like your off to a good start, I've never built an MR2 myself, but i like the old ones like you are building. Good choice on the wats too, they fit the nature of the car(i'd use them on everything I build but they don't quite work on some stuff..lol)

Good luck with the rest of the build.

Gray

Ditto

Looks like it will be really nice when your done.

I'm sure I have one somewhere.

Didn't know how the roof was/is, I'll have to look closely when I get around 2 it...