Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 48 Ford Convertible

Whitman80

Hey everybody! I started my second model yesterday and here is what i have so far. Its a Revell 48 Ford Convertible and I plan on working it up to look like a traditional hot rod. Nothing fancy and pretty much bare bone but with lot of detail in regards to traditional styling. Hope you enjoy and I am really looking forward to working on this little project.

Picture040.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture046.jpg

I look forward to seeing how this progresses!

If you're shooting for traditional..I would use the bias plys and steel wheels included in the kit. If its a shelf model..you can add some tubing and glue them offset to the inner wheel halves to lower it...

The steelies fit the radial tires too, so you can always do that also :wacko:

You building up the flathead with the speedparts?

SANY0023-vi.jpg

I look forward to seeing how this progresses!

If you're shooting for traditional..I would use the bias plys and steel wheels included in the kit. If its a shelf model..you can add some tubing and glue them offset to the inner wheel halves to lower it...

The steelies fit the radial tires too, so you can always do that also :wacko:

You building up the flathead with the speedparts?

SANY0023-vi.jpg

Ryan- Thanks for the pointers! I was thinking about going with the steelies but opped for the other wheels. Not sure why but I did. I am building the flathead with the power-adders. I am still kinda getting back into model making so I didn't want to press my luck by lowering it.

Your 48 Ford, on the other hand, looks amazing. I love the weathered look with the super clean tires and wheels.