Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Spice prior to Smoke

Mach2

Thad's great decals, testors candy apple red enamel over a tamiya gold base. Made the SS nose, taller rear spoiler and braces, lowered the stance and had fun. This was completed a couple weeks ago but I messed up applying the LF fender blue decal, so I had to wait for another decal to complete it. The flo pink valance, rear window blade and rear window braces are per this pic;

talladegaontrackleftrearwindowbrace.jpg

talladegainpits.jpg

finisheda.jpg

finishedb.jpg

finishedc.jpg

finishedd.jpg

finishede.jpg

finishedf.jpg

finishedg.jpg

Looks great other than the stance. Most people make the same mistake of sitting them on the ground and they just don't sit like that. The real cars have a 4 in. ground clearance at rest and they look like a truck sitting still because of that. But, once they are at speed and aero takes over, the nose will scrape the ground.

kingiguana wrote

What do You mean prior to smoke?

Smoke is Tony Stewart's nickname and he's been driving the #33 Old Spice Busch/Nationwide cars before this year, when he started his and Hass's Team. Ricky Craven drove this Busch schemed #11 Old Spice for Gibbs prior to Smoke driving the #33 Old Spice.

dwc43 wrote

The real cars have a 4 in. ground clearance at rest and they look like a truck sitting still because of that.

Correct-a-mundo Sir. I just prefer to build it with the stance in the aero loaded position. It sure looks better than up off the tires and on the springs when at rest.

dwc43 wrote

Correct-a-mundo Sir. I just prefer to build it with the stance in the aero loaded position. It sure looks better than up off the tires and on the springs when at rest.

Well, you do make a valid point there, they do look better that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There!

This is darrelle from Italy!

Im new on this site!

The Animal Rescue Site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily so they can meet their quota of getting FREE FOOD donated every day to abused and neglected animals. It takes less than a minute (about 15 seconds) to go to their site and click on the purple box 'fund food for animals for free'.

Thanks!

Good Luck!....

• 3 weeks later...