Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin or other Off road wheels and tires - Baja

Looking to see if anyone knows where I can get some front/rear wheels and tires for a VW Baja project... the 4x4 stuff doesn't really work, especially with the narrower wheels and tires for a true baja. Any kits these may come out of?

Example...
131_0911_03_z+november_2009_4x4_news+vw_

If these tires on this toy will work for you, they can be had MUCH cheaper in the form of a 6-wheeled military type toy found at Family Dollar stores for around $6 I think?

Buy two toys & you have enough tires/wheels for three vehicles, that's what I did ;)

$T2eC16V,!)!E9s2fB+VHBRQNV2IEow~~60_3.JP
Edited by jeffs396

Looking to see if anyone knows where I can get some front/rear wheels and tires for a VW Baja project... the 4x4 stuff doesn't really work, especially with the narrower wheels and tires for a true baja. Any kits these may come out of?

Example...

131_0911_03_z+november_2009_4x4_news+vw_

Hello CWD.

If you have interest, I have a set of B.F.Goodrich from the Limberg GMC sonoma truck kit 1/20, Like those ones:

http://www.magazinepublisher.com/models/tires/images/bfg2t.jpg

That I can trade for a set of tires like the Super Swampers in the Aoshima kit, or any other that I can use for others 4x4 projects I have in mind.

Let me know.

Lots of great ideas! Off to the store to see what I can find. I do have some older wheels and tires, which could be narrowed, it not sure how it would look.

The 6 wheeled military vehicle actually sound pretty feasible, too.

That's why this board is the coolest...

I believe that both of the lindberg ZR2 (chevy and GMC) kits came with BFG Baja tires but as said earlier they are 1/20th. The only other that comes to mind are the BFgoodrich tires from the Xmods trucks, they have a very simiar wheel to whats on the Bug in your original post also

2013-03-17_15-05-30_716_zps4593e607.jpg

2013-03-17_15-05-54_11_zpsec649b65.jpg