Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 scale British pub scene

GTMust

Thanks Seb.

As a member of your site and forum and an admirer of your (and your brother's) incredible work, I really appreciate your comments. Your diarama work has been one of my greatest inspirations....... although I haven't built any junkyard vehicles or gas stations to date.... maybe they'll come next?

Tony

Now I'm at the point where I usually stop and start something new.... in other words, almost finished...... But this time I'll keep my New Year resolution to finish it before I start another!

I've added the roofing to all the roofs, built the chimneys (which still need the clay flues), added a hanging pub sign and temporarily placed some steps to the doors of buildings A and C.

almost+3.jpg

almost+2.jpg

almost+1.jpg

Left to finish:

Add highlighting to the roof shingles,

Complete the timber trim at the eaves,

... and a whole bunch of fiddly little details touchups, like door handles etc.

Then I have to create the base dio for the pub to sit on, complete with an outdoor garden, paving, patio with seating and of course, the figures enjoying a brew!

And I'm sure I'll find other things that need work before it's all done....

I've started on the pub base and the landscaping.

landscaping+started.jpg

Building A has an area for deliveries to the kitchen; Building B has a paved patio area surrounded by a low height brick wall and; Building C has a grassed front lawn with a newly planted tree (of some kind?). The whole parking area in front will be gravel.

Not far to go now.........

It's looking great! I love the house in the center. Looks similar to the old medieval houses in Germany. I lived for 10 years in germany and have great memories connected to that! You are doing a terrific job on detailing. As said on the other thread, that makes the difference! I'll be watching!

Thanks Terry.

Thought I'd give you guys (and myself), a quick "teaser", with a couple of the MG Car club, pub crawl members inside while they leave the cars outside. Drinking and driving in the sixties? Who even thought about the dangers?

staging+3.jpg

Still more work to do though......

Tony

Thank you Harry and Ken.

I'm really enjoying doing these dios as a break from the car models. I'm having so much fun... I have to wonder if I'll even get back to the vehicles! What a silly thought.... of course I will......!

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

man that is a lot of work and detail i will be following the build every chance i get. i love it.i could just see this at night with a fog machine and jack the ripper following a lady in the night with their taller than life shadows on the walls. :o OK i am awake now. :)

Edited by jerseyjunker1

Terry (ARTEMIS)..... Thanks for the nice comment. I like the old British sports cars, even if they were a nightmare to actually own!

Terry (Vaughan)... all the walls on all my buildings are started with 3/16" foamcore board and then either covered with styrene sheet, prefinished 3D styrene sheet or a thin coat of spackling for plaster and basswood trim and then painted.... depending on what finish I want. The start of this thread, the "Thomasville" thread and the "modern street scene" should show the start of the process. You could also refer to an older thread I posted on my 1/24 scale double car garage, which goes into a lot of my construction methods (maybe too many!).

Hadi... the roof is 3 dimensional styrene sheet which I get from "Model Builders Supply", and comes in all kinds of sizes and textures, just applied over the foamcore board with double sided tape. I believe that Evergreen and maybe Plastrut have similar products. My local LHS also carries some unknown brand products of the same type.

Tony

Edited by GTMust