Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell S.E 1/25 1968 Dodge Charger R/T (Hemified).

BMX Addicts

That's because the engine you posted is a new Hemi, its got fuel injection and coil on plug ignition. Hey all that matters is that your happy!! Keep up the great building!

One last thing, just wondering how much you spent on all the spray paint and jar paint? Id love to drop the cash and buy a stock pile like that!

Well... I'm kind of liking the way the engine looks (More so installed), but yes you are right, it was not what I had in mind when I decided to wire it.

I couldn't say for sure how much coin I may have on Spray paints... But most of them are about $ 6.00 per can (Except the Metallic Silver TS-83 which sells for over $ 15.00). Also made the mistake to order a whole bunch of Tamiya paints coded PS because the colors are extremely vivid, but these ended up being for RC polycarbonate plastic.

Edited by BMX Addicts

Dang 15 bucks!! Wow. That's a nice stock pile, most of mine is Hobby Lobby clearance. Just decided to get back into airbrushing for the 4th time. Hoping it will save me some coin, i cant keep spending 6 bucks on color and another 6 on clear on top of the cost of the kit. My 20 month old son takes a lot of daddy's hobby money.

Wooow.... Tuff crowd, and yet I thought I was going to look like a hero for making a kit look like this with only a hand full of projects under my belt :blink:

The firewall really should be body color. And i'm with the other guy on the distributor, it looks odd with the wires ran like that and the distributor just up there in the open. But it's just a model, so carry on!

I didn't like the interior in Silver, it makes the car too plain, PLUS the floors have carpet texture

In any case, this is the best I could manage to please you guys

photo-33_zps7dfe49fb.jpg

photo-32_zpsc9244cb1.jpg

Guess I am going to have to show some of you guys how to wire kit distributors. Pre wired units look terrible IMHO. I wire mine to match firing order and everything.

I would certainly love to see that!!!... Never wired a car ever before, so a nice tutorial by someone experienced would make my day :)

Build it how YOU want it. I must say that the quality of your last few builds i have saw led me to think you had been building for some time now. I am still deciding if i want to paint the engine bay a semi gloss black or leave it the emerald green color like the body. I will be making a build thread for it today.

Thank you Jason, I was just trying to make it look better (At least thought so).

I'll keep an eye out for the new build thread B)

Removed all the stuff from the engine and ordered a pre-wired carb last night, also painted the firewall.

photo-34_zpsd4ab7859.jpg

Edited by BMX Addicts

Tried the Faux Fabric on the seats and door panels... It works better if you apply it from a distance (The spray nozzle shoots a lot of paint).

photo-4_zps0ca347c8.jpg

My friend Mike was right, the Revell plastic is very susceptible to the paint... Parts like the cockpit bay will retract and bend making the fitting really challenging.

photo-2_zpseb939a95.jpg

photo-3_zps67f16e96.jpg

Edited by BMX Addicts

Thank you Jason.

The next part I'm hating already...

The body has to be finished in order to attach the chassis (Meaning, the windows have to be glued because once the engine, the radiator and the front bumper go in, they cannot be taken apart); Since I use a thick coat of clear over the body, I will have to add decals, apply the clear, do the windows and then unite the chassi and the body, only then the radiator and the bumpers can be attached.... I know this will make or break the project :wacko:

Edited by BMX Addicts

That's how it's done. Just give the cleared body a few days to harden up. Those windows in that kit can be tricky. I use small pieces of tape inside to hold window in position then a dab of glue here and there. Once dry remove tape and add a bit more glue. Hard to explain easier to do lol