Model Cars Magazine Forum

My completed two week build Corvette C6-R

crispy

This was a two week build. Just maybe got an hour or two on it during the week. Most of the work was completed on Thursday and Friday evening.

This is a sure hit winner for Revell. The kit goes together with no problems at all. My only complaint is that I didn't test fit the pan, chassis, and body all at once. Mine has a warp in it. Something I noticed after everything was painted. I plan on building another one as a test car with more and better details. This car lends itself to that.

This was built box stock, painted with Tamiya Camel Yellow. Testors metalizers throughout, and just plain fun.

14cc6r-vi.jpg

7cc6r-vi.jpg

9cc6r-vi.jpg

More pictures can be found at http://public.fotki.com/73superduty/my_com.../corvette_c6-r/

Chris B.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up on the fit , I sprayed mine with primer last night , and plan on starting the finish tonight . First I'll have to make sure there is no warp in the body . An easy fix now before I go any further . Now if I can just get mine to look like yours (even just a little bit !) I'll be happy .

NICE JOB ON THE BUILD !!

One question , does the body come off like the older Yellow Le Mans cars ? People would freak out when when I'd take the body off at shows ,

then zip , pop it back on ! The older ones built up very sturdy if they wern't so light you'd swear they were die-cast . Thanks again for the heads - up . See you around the clubhouse ,

Steve D.

Steve, you should be able to just put the body right on. However their isn't enough impressive stuff under the skin to really show off.

I'd wait for a nice detail set to come out for that. All the same, it still would look good with or without.

Make sure to check your pan for the warp as well.

Look forward to yours!

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Chris