Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nice rig, I like all the smooth round corners. I have always said the only dumb question is the one you did not ask so I am gonna ask. What is a Hoosier pole and how is it used?

Thanks

I was waiting for someone to ask that question. A hoosier pole swings and extends out from the truck to hold welding cables, amp remote or an umbrella for shade. It gives you a place to hang the cables so you can drive ahead when on the pipelines.

8E089F1C-A418-4253-BAD7-80EDE68CB7CD_zps

just stunning and cool .. one thing i dotn get why did you line the sides with the black "rhino"stuff ..

seems to me it would have looked even better with the sides where the wheel arch is and the rear back where the taillights are in the body color and the rhino stuff on the floor only ..

not ment like .. i was just thinking about that when i saw this .. still very nice and cool build :)

Thanks Richard. My original plan was to do it the way you said but would have required more body work and I just got lazy. There are trucks on the pipelines that have their beds completely rhino lined. So it could go either way. I might rhino line the bottom of the cab and build a new bumper and line it too. We shall see.

Thanks Richard. My original plan was to do it the way you said but would have required more body work and I just got lazy. There are trucks on the pipelines that have their beds completely rhino lined. So it could go either way. I might rhino line the bottom of the cab and build a new bumper and line it too. We shall see.

i see well still looks great :)

Nice!

I had a welding truck project in the works, based on that iffy Testors/Masito '99 F-350 Super Duty kit, but after seeing your project, I think I'm gonna keep that one in mothballs and just sit back, relax and enjoy watching yours come together. B)

Thanks.

You should get back on it. I would love to see it

thats just awsome !!

and yes maybe wash the wheels with some black so it crwals in the seems and creases of the chrome that will gove them depth :)

btw when i look at the way you build this .. and this is ment well i would think about buying decal paper in the future .. i mean that welder looks sooo fr... good and then you stick a paper logo on .. how nice would it have been with a printed decal under some clear ..

again no offence / harm ment just enthousiasm ... it really is a very cool build > love this